CHAPTER 111

***

Oh no. He didn't just say that.
That was the first thought that came to her mind as she watch his back walking away.

Her brows scrunched as she stood up and shouted behind his back,
"And what about you? Huh? Did you enjoy your time that, oh so called lady in green? Did you have a good time, my oh so adorable husband?"

"Why? Would you be jealous if I say yes?" He asked back as his steps came to a halt beside the stairs but he still didn't turn his head around to face her.

"If I say yes, would you tell me about your good time?" She spoke impulsively but only after the words had left her mouth that she realised what she had just said.
"I mean, I'm not jealous, of course. I mean you are already my husband, why would I be jealous-"
She stopped midway at seeing that mischievous smirk on his face.

"Yes, I'm already yours. Entelós dikó sou."
(Completely yours)

His first sentence satisfied her but in the next moment, her face crumpled.
What?
She stared at him in an incredulous way.
"You know you are actually a nice person." Putting her hands begins her back, she nodded her head as if making an evaluation.

Xander on the other hand was the one dumfounded at the sudden change of topic from her, his brows raised,
".....and?"

She sighed. As if departing some extremely wise wisdom, she opened her mouth,
"You could remain a nice person or even be a more nice person but..."

"....but?" Xander unconsciously swallowed a gulp.
His voice strained as he felt anxious of what she would say next.

"Tsk. But this alien language that you speak...." She clicked her tongue once again before shaking her head,
"It's not good. I mean u don't know what that language is and as said by our elders, we should speak in a way so that the other person understands.....to be a nice person"
She hesitantly raised her head slightly to seek a peep at his expression,
".....right?"

There was no answer from him for a while and she started to feel a bit nervous when suddenly a husky laugh sounded in her ears, too close to her ear.

"Wha-"
She jumped up on his surprise as she saw his figure being much closer to hers right now.
When did he come so close to me this fast?
She patted her chest in a manner to calm her beating heart down.
"What-Why are you so close?"

Xander tilted his head.
"Should I not be?"

"Huh?" She looked at his face dumbly at his question.
"No, you should be."
As if realising what she just blurted out,
"No, wait-I meant you should not be...I mean-"

Xander bit his tongue inside so as not to laugh out at her cute appearance.
"Haa" he swept his hand through this hair and let out a short breath.

"You..." Scarlett covered her face.
"Why am I always saying stupid things in front of you?" She mumbled through her hands covering her face and decided to not look at him for a moment. He stiffened ever so slightly at her words but she didn't notice it at all as she was too busy in the useless endeavour to control her out of control mouth, always spouting nonsense without her permission.
Calm down. Calm down. Call down. Cal-

As she writing the mantra "Calm down" in her mind, she suddenly felt his moving even closer to her.

Xander had stiffened at her words, the very familiar words.
So subconsciously, his body moves don it's own and before he knew it, his hands went around her waist to hug her tightly to his chest.
All of a sudden, the fear of losing her a long time before, again gripped him at this moment as he closed his eyes shut.