CHAPTER 29

" We get drunk with
images, words, scenes,
possibilities."

- Anaïs Nin

                    __________________

Scarlett's pov

"By the way, I never saw you guys kissing. You can kiss you know, I don't mind. Neither your dad does. Also, Maria  doesn't mind too, I'm sure. You kids should show affection, don't be shy because of us."
And with a wink, she left me again in an awkward situation.

Okay great! Mom sure knows how to make a situation awkward for me and even make the already awkward situation more awkward.

Does that even make sense?

I could imagine how my cheeks must have heated up on her words.

I didn't dare to turn around to face Xander.  He must be enjoying my misery so much.

I'll just leave now.

Gulping the water in my mouth, I started to take steps towards the door from which my mother just exited.

But I should've known.

I should have known things never go the way I want.
Because the moment I took my first step, I was pulled back. My bare back collided with his chest.

"Where do you think you are going?" He asked turning me around to face him.

He had no expression on his face but his eyes, they held the emotions he tried to hide. He didn't want me to leave him.

"No...no where." I answered.

"So, why were you going towards the door? He asked smirking at me.

Ughhhh!!
That damn smirk of his.

"Uh... Because..." I couldn't think of anything to say.

"Because I wanted to." I blurted out.
Damn Scarlett, that's the way to go.

Just great, so freaking great!!

He shook his head at my answer with a lopsided grin on his handsome face.

"You do know," Looking at his watch for a second, "in approximately ten minutes, everyone is going to be in here with us, for our engagement?" He asked.

I nodded dumbfounded. I know that. Why would he ask this?

"If you knew, then you wouldn't have tried to go out if the room." He said as a matter of fact.

Wait....did I , don't tell me I said my thoughts out loud this time again....

"Yes, you did." He answered looking so amused.

I realized I did. I need to focus on that, not speaking my thoughts out loud, this can get me in trouble someday, big trouble.

Like what if someday, I'm not thinking about punching him in the face or ruining all his black coloured clothes which I suppose the only ones he have, so if he heard me, then? My whole plan will be ruined.

Yess, yess, I should keep check in my mouth , not again spilling out my thoughts out loud.

"You really love to get lost in that head of yours, right?" He asked, coming more close to me.

"What? No, obviously not. I'm not an idiot." I huffed.

Who does he think he is? He is always saying this like I'm an idiot.

I don't like in my head.

I turned my head to look at him.
He has no again returned to rubbing circles in my waist. Nuzzling his head on the base of my neck, he kept quiet.