CHAPTER 138

"Xander....what are you doing here?" She took a few steps forward and came to stand beside him, asking him in a whisper.

"Why shouldn't I be here?" He whispered back, his arms snaking behind her waist and pulled her closer.

"What are you....!" She was startled at his sudden act. Weren't they fighting?

Xander cleared her confusion by leaving down, his nose against hers as he whispered against her lips, "let's keep up the appearances."

She dumbfoundedly nodded without noticing the various expressions they both were getting from the few people present in the hall.

Her parents smiled, witnessing the love between their daughter and son in law where her aunts and uncles had very colourful expressions, some expressed shock, mouth gaping, some had their eyes widened and some expressed disappointment and disdain for their public display of affection.

But that didn't matter to her.

What mattered to her was that Xander, her husband was here!

***

After a few talks, she soon found an excuse and soon took Xander away from the hall and dragged him by his hand towards the back veranda.

Coming to a halt, she stood in her tip toes and check around to see if anybody was near or eavesdropping on their conversation. After making sure no one was here, she turned back to look at him and glared at him,
"Why did you not tell me you were coming? Weren't you supposed to be -"

"In the states?"

"Yes."

"I flew this morning." He answered. He has actually flown here by his private jet and the approval took a bit time which was why he was only able to reach here in the evening.

"I also flew this morning too. I came a bit early. Then why did you come so late?" She asked back with a confused expression on her face.

Xander corrected himself, "I had a slight delay. And I only came here after knowing you broke the flight back to India! You didn't even tell me before coming here!"

"I...." She averted her eyes and stared down at the soil.
"I thought you wouldn't want to know." She murmured.

"Why wouldn't I want to know?" Xander asked her coldly. He didn't like how she was distancing herself from him.

He want to talk to her about the one year agreement but...right now is not the place or time to talk about it, she's at her home. He thought in his mind.

"I just..." she gulped, thinking how to tell him that she thought he would be with Nicole right now, not wanting to be with her....and maybe even celebrating Talia's graduation with Nicole.
Thinking of this, a hot tingle was felt on her nose as she tried her hard not to think negative things.

It's alright. It's not yet confirmed it what Nicole was saying was the truth. You know her Scar, she's a liar, maybe she's lying just to get Xander.
She consoled herself and after licking her lips, she raised her head to look at him.
"I just thought you would be with Nicole."

And so, she decided to just be clear with him.

"Nicole?" Xander's brows tightened as they scrunched together in a frown.

Scarlett didn't want to miss even a single change in his expression so she krti on staring back at him,
"Yes."

"Why would you think that?"

"Why?" She let out a scoff. "As if you don't know! Why would I think that, Xander? Tell me! Why would I?"

Xander only stared at her in silence. No one knew what was going on in his mind at this moment.