CHAPTER 136

She looks up at him and silently put her hand in his large one. Her eyes lashes flickered slightly as she looked up at him before taking his lead and waking to the centre of the stage.

After the Emcee's announcement, he took the player certificate from the Dean and stood beside me as half of the certificate was held by him and the other half by her.

It was the first time they were taking photos together after their wedding. She sighed thinking about it. Just how much have we missed? The beautiful moments that a newly wed couple should have....we missed them, right?

The photographer instructed for her to smile at the camera and as she did, she was suddenly reminded of the day they got their photographs clicked, their engagement day.....when he was called a poker face.

She subconsciously smiled wider upon thinking of that as her eyes lit up. She lowered her eyes when she felt the quizzical gaze of the person standing next to her.

She quickly reigned in her smile but her mind felt refreshed upon thinking of this memory.

Xander looked at the person next to him who suddenly started smiling widely from the corner of his eyes and felt confused.

He turned to look at the camera without any obvious change in his expression.

But the shutter still impeccably captured the slight upwards curve at the corner of his mouth.

***

Soon after, she went down the stage but her entire focus was on the person walking behind her.

Why is he following behind me? Shouldn't he stay on the stage to address the audience or something? Or give more awards and certificates? Is he done already?

However, she obviously couldn't just turn back and ask him all that so she kept her head down, sometimes looking up in an attempt to appear confident but inevitably ducking her head down as she could feel his intense gaze in her back.

Soon, she reached the back row where her friends and her sat when a small whisper fell on her ears, so smooth that she felt she might be hallucinating if not for the soft touch on back, as if a firefly touched the surface of a lake.
"Follow me."

She gulped and pursed her lips tight as she kept her head down, his departing figure in her peripheral sight.

Kat wiggled her eyebrows at her,
"What? Not gonna follow your dear hubby?"
She spoke in a whisper so that only she, Carson and Mia that was sitting beside them would hear.
The last row was only filled with her friends and they all knew of her marriage with Xander.

Plus, it's not like anybody cared. Everyone was already too busy talking to their friends, probably the last time to have such a carefree moment so they all wanted to enjoy it. No one cared what was happening and where.

Scarlett tilted her chin and averted her eyes before speaking, "ehm...you guys sit, I'll just come back in a sec."

"No, no please don't take just a sec or your hubby will blame us." Kat teased again. Mia also laughed along and added, "yes please take your time."

Scarlett smiled shyly before turning on her feet and walking out the door.

***