CHAPTER 4

I want you
to know.
But I don't
want to tell you.

The next day she woke up by sunrays coming through the window and falling on her face making her look like a golden angel with beautiful gold eyes and soft glowy face.

A beautiful day, she thought and woke up. She brushed her teeth, took a shower and wore a beautiful red coloured off shoulder dress ending at her knees.
It had lace on the sleeves starting from her upper arm. She did a loose braid, applied Kohl and lipbalm. Smiling at her reflection in the mirror, she felt good.

Scar came out of the room and saw Kat all ready with pancakes set on the table .

"Good morning Scar. " Kat greeted.

" Good morning Kat. Thanks for the pancakes ." Scar greeted back.

They both finished their breakfast talking randomly about things around.
Kat took the car and offered to give Scar a ride but she refused. Scar felt like walking today. The weather was also good. Like there are days when even clouds and sunny sun themselves sing it's a happy day.

She went to have a cup of coffee at the café nearby. On her way over to the café , She came across an old lady struggling with her bags full of grocery items. It seemed like her car stopped working.
Scarlett decided to go help her .

"Hey , do you need some help with that ?" She asked the old lady.

The lady looked at her with a frown etched on her face which soon turned into a relieved smile .

" If you won't mind, then please. I have to walk home and would like to use some help. Thank you so much , dear." The lady said with a smile on her aged but kind face.

" Of course, let me. " With this, Scarlett grabbed both the bags from her hand.
The second bag was a bit heavy but she managed.

They walked in the direction of her home. On their way, Scarlett came to know the lady's name which was Maria.
She got to know she has a son, not real though but he call her mom and she considers him her son only. He runs a multi-billion dollar company. And apparently he's a conserved person but pretty famous among ladies.
Well , Scarlett just smiled.

She told about her to Maria that she's a college student , studying psychology and business.

Maria truly like Scarlett. She wanted Xander to meet her too. In her eyes, she was the one for her stone headed son. She saw the glow and life in her eyes which will give Xander some life too she hoped.
The woman which will make him leave his current love of life also known as his work.
Xander works like it's his oxygen. Like he would die if he wouldn't work . Poor souls put so much pressure on himself.

She decided to get her number and set up something to make the two meet.

They reached Maria's house in twenty minutes. They also exchanged numbers.
Scarlett had no problem with it.

The day went ahead as usual for Scarlett.
She went back home on foot.
On her way back, she saw a beautiful red rose sprouting out in garden of a house situated on the left side of the road. She was so busy in admiring it from the opposite side that she nearly got run over by a sleek black car.
She was so shocked. Her legs weren't moving. She stood still . The driver got out wearing a black suit .

"Can't u see a car coming your way? If u want to die, go find some other place.
Not in front of my car . " He shouted at her. He was already late for a meeting and now this.

Scarlett wasn't saying anything. This got his anger to deepen.

He went towards her and grabbed her shoulders roughly and shoved get aside.
He got back into his car and drove away.