CHAPTER 20

We are the masters of the
Unsaid words,
But slaves of those
We let slip out.

Third person's pov

She was scared now after slapping him.
It was all evident in her eyes. The fear was clear in her brown orbs.
And he could see it too. Too clearly.

She didn't know what to do. She couldn't grasp that she has slapped him.
But as usual her anger overpowered her.
Her emotions, she was unable to control them.

She knew she shouldn't have done it. They were outside the store and thus reminded her that Maria was also supposed to be with them.
With a frantic look around, she sighed in relief on not seeing Maria anywhere.
She must have already left.

There were so many people out in the street who might have witnessed this incident. And provided what Xander's reputation is, she feared what he'd do now.

Slapping such a known celebrity in public was not a small thing.
He could clearly see how scared she was and he didn't like it a bit.
He know what she was thinking but he didn't care about that, he didn't care about people staring at them, he didn't care about the whispers starting to form in the crowd.

He was looking at her straight.
Beating himself mentally for saying such things to her, he unknowingly stepped forward towards her shivering form.
And she consciously stepped back.

Her stepping back made him still.
He didn't know why he said those words to her.
He was mad at something else but he vent all his anger on her. He tried, he really tried to control himself.
But just like her, he also didn't have a control on his emotions and in the process he hurt her.

He never wanted to do that but he doesn't know how to make things right now.
He could see she wanted to say something.
And by the looks of it, it seemed that she wanted to apologize whereas it should be him who should say sorry.

They were getting comfortable with each other during these past few days but nah, he had to go and ruin everything.
He stepped forward again to which she took a step back.

He doesn't want to make her more scared than she already is.
So in an attempt to maker her stay still at her place, he put forward his hands so as to try to grab her shoulders and the key word being tried.
'Cause she suddenly flinched on seeing his hands up in the air like that and covered her face with her hands, palms facing towards him.
And this hurt him.

Did she serious.... seriously think that...that he , he would hit her?
Shutting his eyes tightly for a second, he opened them again so as to speak in a much calmer manner.
"I...I didn't.....I didn't mean to...."

He slowly tried to put his hands on her shoulders.
Scarlett was also carefully listening to him but she was still trembling.
"I didn't mean to say...." he again tries.

Never got to complete what he wanted to say, nor did Scar got to listen to it because she herself started to wiggle out of his hold on her.
She didn't say anything. Her eyes were saying it all. She was still afraid, still thinking he might do something bad to her and her mind was making up all the worst case scenarios.

On seeing her trying to get out of his hold, his grip only tightened on her.
"Leave....me" she croaked out.
Even her voice was shaking.
Scar doesn't cry easily but if someone shouts at her, her tears gather themselves in her eyes.

She desperately wanted to go somewhere away from him.
His hold loosened on seeing how he messed up big time.

When his grip loosened, she quickly turned around and walked fast, ran would be a good option too to describe how quickly she went away from him.