CHAPTER 18

The bravest thing
You can do
Is
Be unafraid to feel.

- Bridgett Devoue

Third person's pov

Scarlett moved a little closer to him and put her hands on his hair ruffling them.
His hair had a silky texture to them. They were so soft and tender. They felt so good and smooth in her hands.
She wondered how did he even has such beautiful hair.
It's so unfair boys have so smooth and silky hair. They don't even do much for it.
She thought about her hair, how they always get frizzy if she doesn't shampoo them on time. She pouted a bit.

Xander's eyes found her pout. She looked like so cute like that, like a little bird. He was enjoying the feeling of her soft and slender fingers in his hair.

Scarlett's eyes moved down towards Xanders lips which showed a small amused smile on his face. His smile was really beautiful. As if god himself carved it by his own hands.

She didn't realize when her hand went from his hair towards his neck. Her both hands now rested on his cheeks. They both looked at each other.

Xander's full attention was on her now. He didn't see the car coming their way.
Scarlett was also unaware of it.
It was only when it honked and Xander ,in a hurry, jerked the wheel around. Their car turned towards the left making Scarlett fall towards Xander.

After a few seconds, they both opened their eyes and realized something soft was touching Xander's face. A sensation went through his whole body when he realised what was touching more like kissed him.
Accidentally, Scarlett's lips landed on the corner of Xander's mouth, really close to it.

She got up hurriedly and in this hurry, her bracelet got entangled with his shirt.
Her breath increased a notch. Her lips parted a bit. She quickly tried to pull her bracelet back with force but not much force so that the beads of the bracelet wouldn't come out.

Xander noticed her restlessness. He put his on hers. A sensous wave passed over them both.

Scarlett took her hand back.
Xander with much ease untangled the bracelet from his shirt.

He looked at her. But she was still looking out of the window.

He sighed and then again started the car.
After a few minutes, both said at the same time, "you know..."
"Look, I ..."

Then both looked towards each other. This time, Xander was the one to first turn his head as he didn't want to repeat the previous mistake of not watching while driving which brought them to this silence in the car.

He was a person who lived in silence.
But right now, for some reason this silence was annoying him, frustrating him. He wanted her to speak, anything. Anything, just speak.

But looks like his prayers were answered as she did speak but for departing,
"Thanks for the ride. Bye. Take care."

Xander was so lost in her and his want of her speaking, he didn't notice that they already reached her apartment building.
He didn't want her to go like this.
He just didn't.

He also came out of the car along with her.

Scarlett was a few steps away when she heard her name being called by a deep baritone behind her.

"From which angle do I look old by the way, Miss Williams?" Xander couldn't think of anything to speak do he asked this only.
He felt so stupid a second after these words came out of his mouth.

Scarlett was surprised. She didn't think he would ask this. She smiled a bit.
The tension around them was slowly fading away.

She came a bit forward.
"Umm...90 degree?" She tilted her head a bit.