CHAPTER 125

A few moments before,

Talia was a few feet away from the Knight Mansion. Just as she was about to turn the corner to walk forward, her phone rang,

"Where are you? Have you reached the knight mansion? Are you in or outside.

"I'm walking towards it right now, just a few steps away. Did you need something?"

"No, I just wanted to tell you something. It's good you are not yet inside. Remember the boss telling us that there are secret cameras the moment you enter inside his mansion and even the voice could be clearly recorded..." the female voice on the other side sounded a bit anxious.

"What do you want to say Nicole?" Talia sighed, putting one hand inside her pocket as she slightly leaned on her left foot in a lazy posture. Right now, Talia looked completely different from her innocent self when she's with Mia and others. Scarlett would definitely be shocked if she saw her right now. But she knew her sister well, so she spoke in a stern tone,
"Our goal is ruin his love life and kill Scarlett before taking his life. Don't let it slip your mind!" Talia warns her sister, an evil light shining in her eyes. "Get that?"

Nicole pursed her lips.
"I do. Just....why are you even going there? You have nothing on him. Just....just leave this work to me. You are my younger sister. I can't let you do such things."

As much of a bad character as Nicole has, there was no doubt that she loved her younger sister, Talia extremely much. She cared for her, thus, she wanted to take the complete responsibility of this mission on herself and not let her sister be implicated.

However, Talia only felt annoyed listening to her.
"Nicole, I know what I'm doing! I don't anyone to tell me what to do, especially not you! You are truly slutty, fell for the very person who killed our dad!"

With this, she hung up and huffed before resumed her walking.

Nicole, on the other hand was extremely shocked at her blunt words but sometime later, a helpless and sad smile appeared on her face.
"I know that but Xander is such a charming man that I couldn't stop myself."
She slowly looked out the window, up toward the sky with a few stars shining in it.
"I'm sorry, Dad. I do want to avenge you but....."
An obsessive light flashed in her eyes as her lips curled into a smile as that of a crazy person.
"More than that, I want to have Xander."

A loud chuckle sounded through the room and she clenched her hand on the window sill,
"As for that bitch Scarlett, she's bound to die! Who asked her to come in the way of my plan?!"

***

On the other hand, Talia had already reached the Knight Mansion and rang the bell.

"Talia?"

Scarlett frowned as she looked at the person standing in front of her after opening the door. She could understand if there were Kat or Mia alongside her as she couldn't recall the time she had ever talked to Talia alone. She tried to think but....no, it was still the same. She had never separately talked to Talia. Infact, the few interactions they had were only due to Mia.

Plus, the words Talia had spoken to her before her marriage with the Xander and that strange  text afterwards were enough for Scarlett to suspect her intentions and be wary of her, staying away from her.
And she had been doing that quite successfully as since her marriage, she never had a single in person interaction with Talia again.

However, that very person was now there at her house, also at this time of the night! What was she supposed to do?

"Hi Scarlett!" Talia smiled at her and greeted.