CHAPTER 77

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE ❤️
___________________________________________

All the bright, precious things fade so fast, and they don't come back.

- F. Scott Fitzgerald / The Great Gatsby
___________________________________________

THIRD PERSON'S POV
___________________________________________

How Scar felt during that one month unconscious;

--------------------------------------------------------------

Laying on the hospital bed, covered in white sheets, she was silent. It felt like everything was dry and dark to her. She felt heavy...heavy on her chest, on her hands, on her legs, her whole body felt heavy.

She couldn't figure out what was going on at all. She didn't even know where she was.
She was dreaming but it felt so real.
Her eyes looked around her but as far as they could see, it was all darkness. Everything was dark, black and gloomy with no sign of life at all. There was nothing and no one around.

She tried to look down to see her hands and her feet but she couldn't even see them. Everything was so freaking dark.

She felt like she should do something. But what? What could she do? She had no idea about it.
What could she do afterall when she didn't even know where she was or what was she doing in this cold, dark and unfeeling place.

She tried to walk, to try and see if there was anything around that she could touch, anything at all but to her dismay, there was nothing. Not a single leaf to ruffle.

She felt tired and exhausted as if she just had a train run over her. Her entire body ached badly. She wanted to giving up fighting and just lay down and rest. She just wanted to quietly lay down on this cold floor and close her eyes in peace.
There was already darkness all around her and darkness is what she feared the most.

Even if she wanted to sit, she couldn't bring herself to sit down as she couldn't even see her own lower body but only touch it.
She didn't even know where this so called floor on which she was walking ended. Of maybe it didn't end at all?
What was this? Endless path to death?

Scarlett's mind was utterly befuddled and confused. She could feel her heart beating terrifyingly hard. She wanted to stop walking, stop doing anything and just lay down as she couldn't see a single point in going forward when there was no direction to go. Everything was still the same. Everything was still dark with nothing to see or look forward to.

"What should I do Triantáfyllo?"

Suddenly, a soft but deep voice entered her mind. It was riddled with so many emotions as if the owner just wanted to pour out all his emotions bottled up in his heart but at the same time, he still held onto them, scared of being vulnerable and open.

Triantáfyllo? Who is this person? Who is Triantáfyllo? Why am I hearing this?
She thought in her mind as she looked around frantically, thinking she could find someone who said this, a person, a living being which might give her hope to continue trying to escape from this dark place.

Darkness and not able to see anything else because of that scared her the most. It felt like she was all alone in this world and that is a very scary feeling. No one would want to feel like that.

When you can't see anything in front of you, anything on the back of you, anything on the side but just dark,this feeling instills fear and paranoia in a person and the same happened to her.