CHAPTER 135

Her steps were confident but only she knew how much of a nervous wreck she was inside.

Her palms almost sweated as she rubbed them against her dress, hoping to present herself atleast a little better in front of the man who made her cry all night.

So she raised up her chin and tried not to avoid his gaze but the moment her eyes met his intense dark ones, her steps faltered and she almost fell if not for a broad palm to reach out and grab her wrist.

She stumbled but thankfully did not fall due to the grip of the other person.
She didn't even need to look up to know who it was because just from the warm touch of his palm on her skin, she already knew it was him.

Xander.
However, she decided to not look at him but her hand was still in his.

"Let me help." His deep whisper rang over her head and she instinctively looked up at him.

"No it's alright-" she started but he had already grabbed her hand and she could not just stand there in defiance so she pursed her lips and followed along as he helped her up the stairs.

The proceedings went as usual but her mind just wasn't able to focus on anything happening around her. It like only feel the mountain like presence of his tall and sturdy body beside her as she stood next to him.

As she looked at hui through her lashes, her mind wondered, was he the one who made us one hour late? What could he be doing?

What she didn't know was that he actually postponed all his meetings today just so he could attend her graduation ceremony with her but at the end, someone unexpected showed up.

Flashback

An hour ago. In Xander's office.

"Cole, I'll be leaving now. Attend the afternoon meeting on my behalf." Xander quickly tidied up and stood in front of the mirror in a separate bed room that was made for rest in his office.

He exhaled deeply and looked at himself in the mirror carefully. To be honest, he made efforts to look good today because he wanted to look a bit younger today. After all, he was going to her college today and he didn't want to look like an old uncle.
As he was going to her graduation today, he made sure to wear his custom suit and style his hair but he still felt something was missing.

However, he didn't have much time to bother about it so he quickly went to open the door and entered his office but was surprised to find his secretary still standing in the room.
"Anything else?" He asked coldly. He was already getting late and this secretary of his was still standing like a statue.

"N-Nothing Boss." Cole shivered and contemplated whether to say it or not.
But under Xander's cold glare, he didn't dare to delay and quickly answered,
"Mr. Woods is here."

Xander quirked his brow.
"Mr. Woods."

"Mr. Derek Woods with his son."

Xander's eyes narrowed in annoyance. However, after such a long time, it was the first time his father took the initiative to come to his office.
Besides...he might have known that I'm the one behind the declining stock prices of the Woods Corporation.

Xander smirked and gestured to Cole.
"Let them in."

Soon, the father and two sons stood face to face.
Elray stood with his father Derek Woods and Xander stood on the other side of the table, alone.

Just like before, twenty years ago when he left the Woods Mansion, the same father and son stood at the door while he, he stood at the gate waiting for his grandfather.
Although Xander had already turned indifferent to them but seeing them again, just the same as before, still made him feel a strange and unpleasant emotion in his heart. His brows furrowed imperceptibly.