CHAPTER 84

"My heart is so full of you,
I can hardly call it my own."

- Liana Ràdulescu
_______________________________

THIRD PERSON'S POV
_______________________________

The trees outside looked really beautiful as they swayed along the soft breeze.
And the sky slowly turning a warm hue of orange and red because of the setting sun gave a cozy feeling.

Scarlett put her head on the window sill of the car but Xander quickly pulled her back.
"Sit properly."
She was sitting in the passenger seat and Xander was the one driving the car.

They were currently on their way to the orphanage.
But Scarlett didn't know that. Xander wanted to keep it as a surprise.

It was the third after her discharge and although Xander had initially wanted to wait for about two weeks before her health recovered but then he decided not to. He thought she must not want to stay confined in the mansion again alone with him and plus, he did not want her to stress about even a single thing. So he decided to take her to visit the orphanage.

He got to know from Mia and Kat that Scarlett visited this orphanage often when they had come to ask his permission to take Scar there.
And surprisingly, when Xander came to know about it, he realised that it was the same orphanage where he met that old woman.
He was thankful to her and although, he still hasn't forgotten the promise to take his wife to meet that old woman, he did not want to do that now.

He wants to let her rest as much as possible so even now, he's just going to let stay for two hours at maximum before taking her home.

When Scarlett saw the familiar road and turn, a stifling feeling emerged in her chest. She hastily opened her mouth,
"Xander, where are we going?"

Xander turned to look at her before looking back at the road. His hands tightened his hold on the steering wheel as he answered in a low voice,
"It's a surprise, Triantafyllo."

"A surprise?" She wondered. Her heart felt heavy.
Wasn't this the way to the orphanage? Why are we going this way? Maybe some other place is also there..?

"Yes, so don't worry and take a short nap." His voice sounded in her ears as she turned her head again to look at the window.
After stopping the car at an empty turn, he helped her adjust her seat before laying her down and covered her with a soft blanket.

His lips touched her forehead as his face hovered over hers and his deep voice sounded in her ear,
"Do you need something else?"

They were so close to each other that Scarlett could inhale his breath and scent. It was sweet mixture of wood and mint.
After staying two months with him, atleast she has gotta to know his familiar scent which always calmed but was seductive and alluring at the same time.

She gulped before quickly nodding her head. Xander chuckled at her cute appearance. She was wearing a cozy sweater and fluffy trousers today.
Xander was the one who picked out her outfit today telling her if she didn't listen to him then they won't go to orphanage today.

He was so cute when he said that.
A smile formed it's way onto her lips.

Seeing that smile, Xander couldn't resist so he leaned down and quickly stole a chaste kiss from her soft lips.

She pursed her lips in embarrassment and a part on joy.

When he stated driving again, she looked at him.
Hmm...something...has changed.
She could feel it. She could feel it in the way he looked at her, in the way he interacted with her.
And the change was ....yes, he has become more shameless.