CHAPTER 51

"My mind and heart
will always be
at war, so I fell
in love with
imagination instead."

- Eric Van Vuren
__________________________________________

Third person's pov

"That lipstick stain was not of any other woman. It was of my wife."

"What!"
Scarlett was confused.
"What do you mean?" She asked him.

"The night of your reception party, Xander was in his office because of some emergency and I was out of the States in Australia for some business purpose. Beth, my wife couldn't reach me so she called Xander. She had a really severe pain in her stomach and when Xander reached, he picked her up to get her to the hospital. At that time, her lipstick mark accidentally got on his shirt. I'm really sorry for the being the reason of your misunderstanding, you guys fought because of a stupid thing..... I'm really sorry to ruin your wedding night and..."
Before he could something more, she gushed him and spoke.

"How is your wife now? I mean she got to the hospital on time , right? Nothing wrong happened, right? Tell me." She asked him worrying something might have happened to his wife.

Ryan was shocked. He expected her to say everything to his explanation but this.
He never expected her to ask or worry about someone whom she haven't even met yet.
He was glad his best friend found someone like Scarlett in his life and that idiot needs to realise it too.

"She's good now. Thanks to Xander. Though they did say if any delay would have happened in bringing her to the hospital, things might have turned for the worse. And I'm just so glad Xander was there at that time with her when I wasn't." Scarlett gave him a small smile.

But immediately realized how much stupid she is, how stupid she acted.
She worried what Xander must be thinking about her now?
She always reach to stupid conclusions without considering anything before.
And that's one of her biggest problems.

She shook her head and mentally scolded herself,
Kitni pagal hu Mai. Kya Soch raha hoga vo.... Kitna Kuch suna dia mene use....
(I'm so stupid. What he must be thinking of me....I said so many things to him...)

Ryan on sensing her dilemma, said to assure her,
"Scarlett, you should know one thing."

She looked up at him when he spoke.
"Xander will never ever cheat on you.
And I'm not only saying this because he's my best friend or something but because I know he never will do such a thing.
I've seen the way he looks at you Scar, I'm sorry, can I call you Scar?"

She nodded at him still eagerly listening to him.

"I know how he is. And I know how he feels about you. Trust me, you can never find someone better than him. Give him a chance and see how things change." He advised her hoping his best friend will finally get the love of his life to love him back.

Scar didn't know what to say to him.
She wasn't sure about this at all. She doesn't know Xander, doesn't even know what business he does, what he likes, what he not likes, his family, his past girlfriends, although he did say he had none but still....
Except that he's Maria's son, not by blood.

"About that business trip of his..." His words caught her attention.

"It's better if you ask him yourself..." Scar cut him off.

"But I did and he's..."

"I know. Just give him some time. He'll tell you everything yourself." Ryan assured her.