CHAPTER 5

Love planted a rose,
And,
the world turned sweet.

On reaching home, she took off her shoes and slumped down against her bed. She was in deep thought which got disturbed by the ringing of her phone.

The screen flashed 'Maria' .
She took the call.
"Scarlett, I hope I don't didn't disturb you . Were you sleeping?" She asked with that kind voice of hers.

"No,you didn't. I was awake." Scar replied tiredly.

"Oh, okay. I called to ask if you are free tomorrow. You know I planned to show you my bakery I just opened last month.
We can go there tomorrow in the morning around 11. Are u okay with that ? " Maria replied, telling her the reason she called and sort of anxious of her reply as she hoped Xander would meet her at the bakery.

"Yes, sure. I'll be there at 11. Text me the address." Scar said.

"No, it's alright. I'll send my driver to pick you up. You don't need to worry.
It's already late. I won't hold you up more. See you tomorrow Scarlett.
Good night, sweetheart." Maria wished, happy that she agreed.

"Yeah, okay Maria. Good night. Sweet dreams. Take care. " Scarlett wished from her side, Still tensed about the orphanage situation.

She couldn't think of anything to help the children with. She didn't know what to do. Nothing was coming to her mind.

She sat there beside her window staring at the small balls of light in the dark sky. She always felt at peace and calm looking at them . She would forget everthing and just keep gazing at them. She always dreamt about stars and how far they were from earth but still so beautiful, shining and lighting up everything in that dark sky and helping people in their hard times by just being there for them , making them not feel alone.

She didn't realize when she dozed off looking at the stars with only one hope in heart, of miracle happening to help the children.

The next day, she was all ready in a dark green coloured boat neck dress. It had lace bell sleeves with black ribbon like border on it. Her make-up was minimal.
Kat was still sleeping. She left a note on the fridge telling her she's going out.
She had a day off from college today anyway.
The driver honked from outside and she rushed downstairs on seeing the black car. The whole ride she tried not to think much and more concentrate on the view outside the car window.

They reached the bakery in about half an hour. The bakery was situated in a very clean and nice and spacious area. It looked really peaceful and serene there.

She got down the car and the driver took off afterwards.
She went towards the entrance and slightly pushed open the wooden door.
Not many people were present there as it was still morning. A few of the staff were there, doing their work, setting up the cakes and desserts. Everything looked beautiful and cute and gave a warm feeling.

"Scarlett, I was waiting for you only. Thank you for coming. " Maria smiled at her.

Scarlett gave her a sweet smile and said, "It's alright, Maria. I could come so I did.
This place is really nice. Gives that homely feeling. I have a feeling it will be greeted by my presence more  often."

"I would love that." Maria delighted.

They both went towards the right in the direction of the kitchen. It was a huge kitchen and fairly clean too. It looked really nice. Two workers were working on which appeared to be a red velvet cake. Scarlett was looking around and taking everything in .

Maria was waiting for Xander to show up. He was supposed to be here 10 minutes before but he's nowhere to be seen. She called him thrice but he didn't pick. Maria wanted the two to meet.