CHAPTER 6

I wish we could choose
which memories
to remember.

Today was the day. The day everything changed in his life. The day he stopped smiling. The day he became an orphan.
He still remembers it all. Everything they way it happened.

Looking at the night sky from his window, he remembered today.
The day his mother died. The day he lost everything.

It's ironic, same day, 24 years later, he was chosen as the hottest and sexiest man alive on the earth by people's magazine.

He always immerse himself in work, more on this day. So that he doesn't have to think about things he doesn't want to.

Thinking back to today, he remembered the Rose. No, not a flower but a human being, a girl to be specific.
He saw her today but didn't have enough courage to talk to her. She was the girl of his dreams, thoughts, his every wish was her.

He went to sleep thinking about his rose and wondering if he'll meet her again.

His weak followed monotonously as it usually passes. He was busy in his office all week attending meetings, signing contracts and planning new projects.

It was Sunday evening. He was in the drawing room doing work on his laptop.
He lived alone, sometimes Maria would visit him. She mostly visited him on weekends.

Today also, she was here with him but went out to buy some groceries.
The sound of door being shut was heard indicating Maria was back.

She went into the kitchen to set the things down. She came out holding a tray of fruits in her hands and sat beside Xander on the couch.

Maria wanted to know his views on marriage, his marriage.
"Xander, you shouldn't work so much. Take some time out for yourself too, my son. Work is not everything. Go out and meet new people."

"Badima" he sighed.
"Work is important, you know that. I can't take time out for myself to do what, I have nothing else to do than work. And you come here on weekends, we spend together. It's enough for me."

"No Xander, it's not enough.
I get bored talking to you only. I need someone new. " Maria tried by making a sad pouty face.

Xander laughed at this. A cute laugh he had , with cheeks adorning dimples on both sides.
"Oh, badima. Now you want someone new.huh!
Tsk tsk , you want a boyfriend now? Don't worry, we'll find one for you. "
He said grinning widely.

Maria gasped, " Not for me, you idiot. For you. I want one for you."

"What? Badima! How can you say that.
Now, you want a boyfriend for me? I'm not gay badima. I told you before too.
You want me to get a boys?" Xander teased her.

Maria played along, " Yes, I want you to get a boy. I mean you never had a girlfriend so I thought a boy would be better unless you prove me wrong."

She hoped Xander would get what she wanted to say. She just hoped he'd say yes.

Xander understood where this was going.
" Badima, you know I don't want to marry anyone anytime. I have my work with me. I have you. I don't need anyone else. "

"No, you have to understand. You think you don't want to marry as of now but you'll regret it in the future. My child, life is a beautiful thing. You can't stay alone all your life. Life demands to be lived and enjoyed with others. There is a person out there for you , waiting for you to start your journey of life together and live it fully. " Maria told him.

" I won't regret anything in the future or anytime. I don't want to enjoy life. I'm content with the way I'm living." Xander told , not at all interested in talking about marriage.