CHAPTER 83

"You weren't ready to love, and
I wasn't ready to be hurt."

- lipstaen
_______________________________

THIRD PERSON'S POV
_______________________________

It was the next day after Scarlett's birthday. And currently Mia and Kat were gushing like teenage girls about Scarlett's first kiss with her in her hospital room.

Kat had such a dreamy expression on her face with her both her hands supporting her chin as she leaned her head in the bed while sitting in a chair beside the bed.

Mia, on the other hand was sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Ah....I remember when I had my first kiss. It was in high school. The boy was just so cute and nice and we had just stared dating. He had come into my house to teach me economics and after that we had ten minute break. I remember while I closed my eyes for a short while, he had stolen a peck on my cheeks and my god! His face was so red the moment i opened my eyes. We both were so unsure but still we leaned quietly towards each other and finally our lips met! Ahh!!! That was such a great moment. But I still like my kisses with Carson more."

Scarlett and Mia both smiled at Kat's description. They already knew this story. That boy was in a way Kat's first love and she still had memories of him. It's not that she still had feelings for him but rather she cherished her first memories of a beautiful relationship. They both had to separate afterwards because frankly they both realised that there was no passion between them, it was just a new budding curiosity that brought them together.

But still, as they say , you can't forget your first crush ever. So she still remembers him.

"Mia, it's your turn now."
Scarlett grinned at her.

"Eh, you already know mine. Why are you still making me say it?"
Mia pouted but nevertheless she recited.
"Mine first kiss was no special. Infact, I didn't even consider them as anything special because it was just a touch between two pairs of lips and plus, you know my high school went shit. It was just terrible with no friends, no one to talk to, I just was messed up. And as usual I went to parties to find some sort of validation of my existence, maybe some affection. I don't know but even so I was not stupid enough to fall into some boy's trap or anything. "

Scar and Kat were both silent now. They knew this already but now seeing as how she's totally unaffected while telling the story made them fell happy. They were glad that she was able to move on from her pain and stopped getting affected by her.

"It's just I was starting to find out about my sexual orientation. Although I was never faxed by it but still the process confused me. I didn't know why I was getting attracted to my fellow girl classmate's smile. I didn't know why my heart throbbed at seeing her. So in my confusions and frustrations, at one party I just grabbed a boy and smashed my lips with his. It felt gross. But now I'm happy with Talia. It feels great to be with her. And my first kiss with her was also equally amazing."

Anyone could see she was happy now. It was visible from her the smile in her eyes and her voice that went gentle whenever Talia was mentioned.

Both Scar and Kat pulled Mia into a group hug.

"Aha! Now it's your turn Scar!"

She just smiled in response before clearing her throat. She was literally glowing at this moment.
Her eyes held little glitters in them as she opened her mouth to tell the story,
"So, yesterday when I woke up, I was looking for Xander all over but I couldn't find him anywhere nor did he come to see me."

"Ohh, so that's why your expression was so depressed when we came to see you."
It wasn't a question but a statement said by Kat.

Scarlett was embarrassed but then she thought why should she be embarrassed. There is nothing for her to be embarrassed about. She was only looking for her husband and that's normal. She thought so but still let out a sheepish smile before uttering a small,
"Yeah"