CHAPTER 87

THIRD PERSON'S POV
_______________________________

Xander stroked her back slowly and gently as she lay on his chest with her head buried against his body.

He was now sitting against the pillows just below the window where Scarlett was sitting earlier.

As he looked at his wife, sleeping peacefully in his arms, his eyes had a gentle and soft look in them.
Leaning his head down, he dropped a gentle kiss against her soft and warm skin of her neck.

"Thank you, Triantafyllo."
For staying with me.

He didn't complete the sentence but his eyes full of love and relief already showed that.
No one knew how much he worried and anxious he was when he didn't find her at the orphan.

He had rushed back in just two hours.
He didn't even want to leave her side at all and just wanted her to be in his line of sight at all times.

He feared whenever she wasn't in his sight. He feared she would suddenly disappear or something would happen to her.

He was just lost in his own thoughts when a meek voice called out to him.

"Precious..."

Not exactly him but she called to him in her dream.

And the moment, "Precious" came out of her mouth, Xander froze.

His hands stroking her back paused but it was only for a moment and then resumed again.

He took a deep breath. He looked down at her and with an extremely slow and gentle movement, he pushed some stray strands of her hair behind her ear.

It's alright. Even if you remember. I'll always be with you.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The night passed peacefully and as the early rays of sun shone through the large window, the two bodies entangled with each other were seen.

Feeling warm light on her face, Scarlett stirred in her sleep. After such a long time, she was finally able to have a nice and deep sleep.
Opening her eyes slowly, she rubbed them with her fingers and blinked a few times to adjust to the sunlight pouring directly onto them.

"Ah..morning." She yawned out.
Her gaze naturally fell back to her human pillow.

Looking at him, with his arm still strongly draped around her waist, stopping her from getting up, a chuckle came out of her mouth.

Xander Knight - her husband.
He looked so adorably cute so early in the morning.
Leaning her head towards him, she dropped a quick kiss on his cheeks.
And her face heated up. She couldn't stop a wide grin forming on her lips.

Feeling like a high school teenager who finally kissed her crush, she put her hands on her face to cover her embarrassment and joy.
"Ah...why am I so happy doing it?" She mumbled to herself.

"This is all his fault." Looking back at her sleeping husband, she concluded.
"Yeah"

"Why is he so attractive? Seducing me with his beauty?" She kept on talking to herself as she fell back on his chest but this time with his back facing him. She was so engrossed in her own thoughts about her pretty husband that she didn't even realise her "pretty husband" has already opened his eyes.

"Hmm. Yes. He's like that most beautiful demon coming onto to this mortal world to seduce pure and innocent human like me."
Cupping her chin with her left hand, she thought so.