CHAPTER 117

"Sigh, what a world."

Looking down at her watch, currently showing 3 in the moon, she rubbed her eyes.
"It seems like I've wasted my time only."

But whatever, it doesn't matter. Now, she'll focus on her second priority.

Exams also.

"Oh, yes. Second priority along with exams." She muttered to herself as her fingers typed across her phone to book a cab.
The driver that Xander had recently assigned to her was on a leave today as his wife got sick two days back.
So she gave him the weekend off. Of course, she did that only after consulting with Xander because while she was the one enjoying the services by the driver but Xander was the one who paid his salary after all.

Soon, the cab arrived and she boarded it afterward.

As the car drove, she got lost in her own thoughts while looking at the huge skyscrapers adoring the city's streets and almost reaching the sky.

She had indeed gotten Xander's permission abd had also visited the psychologist. This time, it concluded her fifth visit to it ajd probably the last and the result was quite as expected.

There was nothing wrong with her mentally, no abnormality or something. The psychologist had told her to just slowly focus on those returning memories and not fuss over them or too much worry about it as it will take a toll on her mental health.
She said that it might be the case if some lost memory recovering on its own or a memory hidden deep inside your brain was slowly reappearing.
This kind of lost memory case is not common but it's also not uncommon.
There are a few instances of it every five or so years. Also, she had suggested that maybe someone or something was the cause behind her memory being locked, so if she somehow encounters the same thing or person, her memories might recover or maybe they may also recover after some kind of shock.

Plus, as she's already having the flashes, it may seem a positive sign of her memories slowly recovering on their own.

After hearing that from the psychologist, Scarlett felt a bit relieved.
It's alright. She's not the only unique or more like weird one. There are other people also.
It's fine.

Yeah, it's.....probably fine.

She did not want to think much about it and quite coincidentally, they had already reached her destination so after paying the cab fee, she got out of the car and walked the familiar street to reach the Knight Mansion.

However, the moment she entered the hall, a pleasant surprise greeted her.

It was Xander, standing in front of her in an apron and holding a spatula.

She stood frozen at her place at the unexpected attire he was donning.

For a moment, she even wondered if the other person was not Xander.

"Triantafyllo! You're back." His deep husky voice sounded.

Yeah, no, he's my Xander only.
She breathed a sigh of relief.

Talking off her shoes, she put on soft slippers and slowly walked into the hall.
Their house didn't have any specific rule of not bringing the outside shoes of sandals inside the house, it's just her own habit, having been cultivated since she was in India. She herself had the habit of not bringing the outside shoes inside the house and taking off in the entrance hallway only.