CHAPTER 52

"The more you hide your feelings,
the more they show.
The more you deny your feelings,
the more they grow."
___________________________________________

Third person's pov

Xander didn't answer her for a moment.
Scar got worried by this.

She feared she might have asked something stupid, something which might make him suspicious of her.
Might make him doubt her.

She looked down and started eating her pancake silently when he spoke the word that both made her heart warm but her mind tense.

"No." His answer was a "no."

This gave her a strange happiness. She felt good on knowing he won't divorce her but she wasn't able to quite identify the reason behind her being happy for this.
She should feel frustrated instead for he won't divorce her but she's feeling happiness over that.

It confused her to the core.
Her own feelings were playing with her.

"But why?" She dared to ask him this.

His eyes got hard at her question.
How can she even ask him this?

"I am never ever divorcing you, Triantáfyllo. No matter what." He answered her looking straight in her dark eyes. His jaw clenched and voice hard.

Before she could say anything, he spoke again,
"And our marriage will work. I won't let it break apart." He promised with his words.

His eyes told he was sincere and honest with his words. His voice laced with determination.

She gulped before just nodding her head at him.
"No need to get all grumpy, I just asked. I mean divorcing is a possibility, right?"

He again answered with a big "No."
"It's not even a possibility. It's better you get this thought out of your head soon."

She huffed but chuckled a bit after.

"What happened?" He quirked his eyebrow up in questioning manner.

"Nothing... It's just this is the first time we are having breakfast together after our marriage and we were talking about divorce...." She laughed.

Xander didn't find anything humorous in it. It was serious for him.
He would never let his Triantáfyllo go.
And his hard expression said it all.

And she gulped on seeing him like this.
She couldn't understand him.
He should be happy that he'll get rid of her because he himself didn't want her to be his wife. She thought furrowing her brows.

But now he does. He already accepted you as his wife.

But why did he? What changed so sudden?
Not finding an answer to this question, she resorted back to her pancake.

And they tasted delicious that she couldn't help but moan.
And at the sound of her moan, blood rushed to the manhood of the hunk sitting opposite her.
His jaw tightened to control himself.

"This is so yummy, Xander. I didn't know you were such s great cook. Now, I'm feeling happy to have you as my husband." She beamed at him showing him her toothy grin.

He just hummed his response trying not to show how much her appreciation has made him happy.

"So, Xander." She called him out.

"You won't divorce me, right?" She again asked.

He narrowed his eyes at her.
What is she upto? He wondered.
"Do you want to divorce me?" He asked. His expression skeptical.