CHAPTER 81

"in the morning, i'll be a day closer to you"
— your love
_______________________________
THIRD PERSON'S POV
_______________________________
Hearing her question, the sleeping body of Xander stiffened.
His lips pursed ever so slightly and the gaze he looked at Ryan with became much more colder all of a sudden.

As if he said one more wrong word, he'll get strangled by the death god here right now in this exceedingly freezing room.

Ryan shuddered under that cold gaze and he could practically feel the chill rising from his feet till the tips of his fingertips. Hurriedly , he shook his head and opened his mouth to speak but as if he had a sudden thought, he shut his mouth.

If  Xander is here and Scar has suddenly asked about his sleeping habit.....?
Does that actually mean what I'm thinking?
Thinking about this, his eye's widened and the way he looked at Xander held a bit of reproach.

How could... he? He... he did that?! Doesn't he know that his wife has just come out of coma and even if he wanted to express his love, he shouldn't have done that.
Again looking at Scar, he thought,
She's so sweet and her husband can't even control himself!
True, this stupid friend of mine is truly too passionate. It's clear from the slight blush on her face and disheveled hair and the way she's avoiding their eyes.
Humph!

With this thought in his mind, Ryan coughed slightly to pretend to clear his throat before putting on the act as if he's the most wise man on the whole earth.
"Well.... Scarlett, I would say he doesn't. But if he has said anything stupid last night or done, please forgive him. He's just a lot stupid."

The moment his words came out of his mouth, the air in the room had turned much colder and gloomier than before.
Xander looked at him as if he had just gotten done preparing his funeral and more so when the word " stupid" came out of his mouth which Xander had heard "very" clearly!

Ryan did again feel his cold and icy gaze, this time much more frightening than before but he still put on a tough act, acting as if this wasn't affecting him at all. And this all just in the name of "justice ".

*Cough*cough*
That's what Ryan calls it.

"Still it was not appropriate of him to do "that" last night. I get that you both are married but you have just come out of a c-"
Before Ryan could actually complete his words, he was kicked in the shin by his sweet wife. Sweet!

She quickly stepped in front of him to remediate the situation.
Scarlett wasn't supposed to let know about her coma right now. It was not the right time but then again thinking about how they have just celebrated her birthday yesterday, she must already be knowing that she was unconscious for a month. It's just that she hasn't yet said anything.
But it's even scarier than her not saying anything.

Because the Scarlett she knows would not never let go things like that. She would go to the root of it and until she gets what she wants, she won't stop.

Looking at her right now, Beth sighed. She looked a bit confused.
She hadn't actually known Scarlett before. It's just that she has heard a lot about her from Mia and Kat and what all she has heard is enough to support her above statements about Scarlett.

It's just that she couldn't understand why Scarlett was not putting even a tiny effort in her marriage with Xander.  She wasn't putting even a single ounce of her heart in this relationship at all.

Because of the things she had heard from Kat and Mia, Beth had a perception of Scar in her mind but this perception wasn't matching with the Scar she saw with Xander. Scarlett has never tried to know anything about Xander. Though, the same could be said for Xander but he atleast tries to know about her.
As for Scarlett, all she has seen so far is some care and concern but that's all on the surface.
It's not that that care and concern is shallow but it's just that Beth has seen Scarlett and Xander interact.