CHAPTER 121

"What? Your grandfather just left? Like that?"

Xander nodded at her question, a bitter smile on his face.
"He has always been a stubborn man. But sometimes, stubbornness is not needed. Unfortunately, he realised that too late."

Scarlett parted her lips as if wanting to say something but then simply nodded along his words.
"Yes, maybe we should give in sometimes."
It seemed as if she was taking to him but also as if she was trying to convince herself.

After a moment of silence, Scarlett asked.
"What happened next?"
Although, she felt she should not pry too much but she was curious and at the same time attracted by the story of such a cute couple.
She wanted to know what happened that....

Her complicated gaze fell on Xander beside her.
What happened that made his father and mother go apart? It's clear even if his mother is gone, with how much his father loved her, he would not never have married another, then how....Elray and....

"Then my mother went back with my father."

FLASHBACK

Zara didn't know what to feel about her dad's message, however, one thing was clear - he would never forgive her. She knew she had humiliated him by running away to get married like this in secret.

But even so, she still chose her love.
Although, it broke her heart after what happened and she almost made the decision to go back to India and look for her father but.....she believed in her love.

Her mother, Isabelle was an orphan but the love between her father and mother was never reduced because of this, or being subjected to each other's background.
So she couldn't understand then why her father would not let her be with Derek! Even if he was ab orphan, it didn't matter because he worked extremely hard and was now an accomplished man.

Why does her father has prejudice against him?
However, she had seen she heard stories of the legendary love of her mother and father and as their child, she has always wanted a love like theirs.
And she believed she found that in Derek, so no way was there that she would ever do anything to lose Derek.

She believed him and  had faith in their love. He and his love would never disappoint her, which was why when he needed money for his startup, she didn't hesitate to sell almost all her jewellery to help him.
And to help him make a name in the industry, she still helped him using her own connections and contacts. She had never let him know how much she did for him.
Because there was no need to.

'Kehte hai paisa rishton ko khokla kar Deta hai.'
It's an Indian saying - that money hollows out the feelings in a relationship. So she didn't want to bring it up.

Even on their first month anniversary, she gifted him her most precious thing - Zara Diamonds, a company that her mother had left for her. It was already in her name the moment she was born. Thankfully, her father hadn't taken that away from her.
She knew she wanted to help him so she gifted him that company and made him think that she wasn't capable enough to handle the company and also that she didn't want to which was the only reason she gave him that.....just so....just so he would not feel bad or guilty and can achieve his dream quickly.

It wasn't that she was incapable or something but she did that just because she wanted to purely help him. She chose to stay at home.