CHAPTER 106

Xander, on one hand, was hesitantly reaching out towards his sleek black phone laid on the coffee table in front of him, but on the other hand, he also quickly retracted his hand as if his fingers would burn the moment they touch that black screen.

"What should I do?"

This routine has been going on for almost a week now and he hate it.
He really wanted to call his triantafyllo right now at this instant and listen to her voice but on the hand, he also did not want to give in.

His hand reached for the phone again but once his gaze fell on the stack of photos beside it, he quietly retracted his hand once again.

These photos......

"I don't want to believe it. But it is bothering me." He murmured to himself while his gaze is fixed straight at the stack of photographs.

Still, not resisting himself, his hand reached out picked up a click randomly placed on the surface of the table.

On it, there were a guy and a girl dressed in beautiful white off shoulder dress. Xander already recognised the both.
"Lucas and.....my triantafyllo, just why?"

"Why are you together again?"

He seemed annoyed and mad as his hand clutching the photograph gripped tighter, almost crumpling the paper.

Randomly picking up another photo again, he again saw them both, this time the guy's hand was cupping her cheek and his other hand was holding her wrist.
"Hmm. Looks like they are having fun without me there. Of course."

His clenched his knuckles tight enough for them to show signs of turning white.
His eyes narrowed down and-

*Clack*

Xander had smashed everything on the table to the ground but that still couldn't calm down his anger.
Standing up, he went towards the delicate glass mirror and punched it, then once again and again, enough until his fist was almost completely covered in his blood. And the blood fell to the ground, drip by drip, making an eerie noise in the silent room in the dark of the night.

But he still wasn't able to calm his anger.
Turning around, he punctured the walk with his other hand and then punctured it again by smashing his fist again and again in the wall.

The "thwack - thwack" was the only sound that could be heard in the room at the moment.

"Why?"

*punch*

"Why did you do it?"

*punch*

"Why triantafyllo?!"

*punch*

His feet staggered as he came face to face with himself. In the half broken mirror.
Some parts of it had already fallen down to the ground and other were still hanging on the surface precariously.
However, he could see his face.

The face that now resembled nothing like the top billionaire in the country.
Instead, it resembled a man full of insecurities, his eyes had fear of abandonment and his while being exuded the feeling of loneliness. He was just so vulnerable and tender at this moment.
"Is it so hard being with me?"

This time, it was not a shout or a scream but a whisper, a very small and tiny whisper that was  enough to get lost in the constant noise of the people in the streets outside.
So small a whisper as if he didn't want anyone to hear it on purpose.

Just then-

*ring* *ring*

A phone rang in the silent room and Xander hurried to stand straight as he walked towards the sofa where his phone was ringing.