CHAPTER 22

"But eyes are blind.
You have to look with the heart."

- Antoine de Saint Exupery, The Little Prince

Third person's pov

Scarlett was blushing profusely at his words.

"Oh , my sweet Triantáfyllo", cupping her cheeks, he said, "I'll show you what is big", his hot breath tickling the skin on the back of her ear, " and we'll see who is a baby then."

Pressing a kiss on the corner of her mouth, he stepped back.
She froze for a second before composing herself.

She didn't like the fact that she was getting affected by him, by his touches, by his eyes. She didn't like it at all.

Deciding to change the topics, she asked
"First aid kit. Where is it?"

"Upper left cupboard in the kitchen." He answered following her along towards the kitchen.

She wanted to tell him to sit on the couch but she didn't and let him follow her.

It was in the left cupboard he said. But it's really on the top and her height wasn't a helpful attribute in this case.
She was short and she hated it. She always wanted to be tall. Her parents were both tall.

She huffed. And was going to turn around to look for a stool somewhere but as soon she turned around, she bumped into a solid, muscular chest. On looking up, she found those deep eyes staring at her.

Xander's hand was on her waist to prevent her from losing her balance.

She couldn't keep staring at him so she lowered her head and cane face to face , no , actually face to chest, with his chest.

"You are hurt. You should have stayed in the living room." She merely whispered to him.

Xander leaned closer to her face, "i thought you might need my help."
With a "told-you-so" look in his face, he nodded his head upward towards the cupboard.

"I don't need your help." Scar huffed.

"It looks like you do." He retorted back.
Sliding up against her to reach the cupboard, his body brushed with hers.

Being this close to him, her breath hitched. She tried to hold her breath in a way to create some space between them.

After retrieving the first aid box, they both went towards the living room.

Xander sat on the couch and started unbuttoning his white shirt.

Scarlett's eyes widened on seeing him. She had seen many shirtless men but none affected her the way this certain blue eyed male does.

He affected her so much. She quickly turned her back towards him.

On seeing her like this, he chuckled a bit.
"You do know that you will have to turn around to dress up my wounds."

Hearing his words, she turned around but her eyes were still closed.
Shaking his head, he stood up and went near her.

Leaning closer to her face,
"I didn't know that my wife to be had the ability to see with her eyes closed. Wow!!"
He whispered.

She immediately opened her eyes and looked straight at him.
"Aren't you in a overly happy mood for someone who's hurt?" She snapped at him.

He raised his eyebrows. A small smirk was playing on the corner of his lips.
"I am a human being. I can be happy whenever I want. This a free man's world. And you" , pointing at Scar in an overly dramatic way, he said, " you cannot tell me when to be happy Ms Williams."