CHAPTER 96

FLASHBACK CONTINUES

I stiffened in his arms the moment I heard his question.

Will I ever leave him?

Of course, this was a question whose answer I already had in my mind.

A year.
I'll leave after a year which now might have already been reduced to a few months.
But how can I tell him that?

So, instead of answering, t tried to change the subject.
"You...Why are you so...good at speaking Hindi?"

Even though what I wanted to ask was "why are you so good to me?".

He tightened his arms around me and answered.
"I'm not."

"Hmm?"

"I wanted to surprise you so I learned that sentence specially for that moment." He voice went low as he spoke the last few words.

I could almost feel his breath spraying on my earlobe.

"Ohh." I nodded in response.
"I thought you knew Hindu." Chuckling at my own assumption, I turned around.

"Tell me about you." I said to him, looking straight into his eyes.

I wanted to know more about him. Just know, he talked about his mother. I've never heard of her before so I am curious.
"Tell me about your mother."

The moment I said this, I could feel the sudden drop in the temperature in the surroundings.
And I had that feeling....the intuition that you get that yeah, you said something wrong now.

"Triantafyllo, let's go back."

And indeed, I was right.

"But..." I murmured but upon seeing the look on his face, I kept quiet to myself.
"Sure, let's go back."

But atleast, I was a bit happy regarding one thing. It was that even though I might have said something wrong, which is obviously pretty clearly about his mother, his did not take his hands off my waist.

And that is such a trivial thing, I know. But it makes me happy.

It's like even though I did touch on a wrong topic but he'll still hold me, just like before and will not let go.

And about knowing more about him?
Well, if it's not his mother, we can always talk about something else.

I'll think about it later.

FLASHBACK ENDS

So yeah, even though yesterday did not seem to go as spectacularly as you might have expected or I wanted it to, it was still great.

Like we celebrated our first Valentine Week here in India. Oh! What am I thinking?

It might be the only Valentine Week I would spend with him.

Coming out of the bathroom, I looked at myself inn the mirror.
It was just the right dress for the occasion.

Today is the Propose Day. I wonder if he'll propose to me.

Thinking of this, a smile graced my face as I finished apply light makeup to my cheeks and eyes.

"But even so, we are already married. So it doesn't matter." I muttered while looking for my silver clutch to go with the pure white dress I'm wearing today.

Although I have to admit, this beautiful white colour is contrasting great against my honeyed skin.

Once more as I looked into the mirror to check myself if I am ready to go out, I felt my eyes slowly getting blurry.