CHAPTER 65

DO READ AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END
__________________________________________

"And even if you're not here to stay, I'm happy the universe allowed your soul to stop by."
___________________________________________

Third person's pov

"Mom, I don't know how but you need to find it now!"

"It's not here, Elray! I told you that I must have thrown it away. Trust me, there was no need for an antidote to that drug. She was supposed to wake up in a day."
Karla huffed, panting from all the time she spent whole day on finding the antidote.

"Exactly! She was supposed to wake up in a day but she didn't. It's been a almost a fucking week already but she hasn't even moved a single finger."
Elray was on the verge of losing it.

They have spent an entire day looking for that little life saving bottle but it was nowhere to be found.

He sighed heavily and went to the mini bar to get a bottle of whiskey.
His eyes roamed around the counter.
The glasses were kept in the high shelf, wooden, rich brown coloured shelf made the contrast to the white wall so much more appealing in regal.
The trash bin laying around the corner of the counter on the thick grey carpet.
And the array of watches being splayed across the table with.....

Wait...the trash bin!

His eyes founded their way back to the half empty black bin and he squinted his eyes, moving closer to the bin.
His face had a look of complete focus on it.

A small vial of bottle like thing shined in the dimly lit room.
Leaning down and grabbing the bottle, his mind quickly raced back to where he had seen the said bottle now gripped in his hand.

On realising where he had seen it before, he almost immediately turned around on his heels and faced his mother.

"Found it!" His eyes lighted with happiness in bid of getting Scarlett conscious again.

"Found what?" Karla echoed.

"The Antidote."

And just like that, he scurried out of the room as quickly as he could.
Climbing into his car, he drove fast towards the hospital not noticing that someone was observing his every movement.

"What a fool!" She whispered to herself.
Laughter could be heard in the room.

_____________________

"You know, Triantáfyllo, on that day of ring shopping? I'm sorry about that. I was upset that day and was hurt. You might not remember but you had told me about your dream wedding years before when we talked. I loved listening to you talk so passionately about something that you clearly had adoration for." A small smile crept up at his lips as he remembered her words.

Caressing her cheeks softly with his fingers, he continued,
"But it was clear you were not happy with our marriage."

A small frown appeared on his face,
"You always wanted customised rings with some pretty words written on each ring, didn't you? I still remember you telling me how you'll want your own wedding rings."
A soft chuckle escaped past his lips on remembering this.
" His Forever, remember? And hers Forever? You had these in your mind to be engraved on the rings."

"But then I think "His Queen" and "Her King" also sounds great, don't they?"

"That was what you said afterwards. You were uncertain about this so I remember you said and I quote, "Well, I will take to my husband about this and we'll make chits of each nickname and then pick." and then chuckled saying you'll be the one to pick the chits." There was a soft smile playing on his lips as he recoiled her words from that night.