CHAPTER 102

Xander paused for a moment before quickly taking a bite of the bread to conceal his stunned expression.

Lucas?
That Lucas Rodriguez?
Why would she want his number?

However, looking at her anticipating self, he suddenly didn't have the heart to deny her request but he also didn't want to give another man a chance to contact her and moreover, give her a chance to contact that Lucas Rodriguez.

"Why do you want his number?" He calmly asked, well, seemingly calmly.
Although his clenched knuckles under the table might tell a different story.

"Oh....just-"

"Just?" He raised an eyebrow as if saying 'hmm, let's hear what you have to say'

"Just because...." Scarlett shrugged her shoulders and let out an awkward smile.

Xander hummed and he resumed eating his food with his head lowered.
But his eyes darkened as he still couldn't stop thinking about why would she want another man's number and that also of that freaking Rodriguez.

Scarlett just bit her lip.
Now, what did I say? Did I say something wrong?

"Umm, Xander?" She slowly squeaked out but after some thought, she nodded to herself as if she has come to some conclusion on her own.
"Yeah, I mean he's my friend you know."

His movements stopped at her words. After a while, a low chuckle left his mouth but for some reason, she felt shivers down her spine.
His husky laugh was just like him, deep and dark.

She held her breath as her gaze was focused on him.

A corner of Xander's lips pulled upwards as he pushed back his chair and slowly stood up. His eyes meeting hers the moment he tilted his head.

Walking around the table, his steps came to a pause in front of her as he bent down to come to her level.

She straightened her back the moment his left hand came upon her left shoulder and his other right went up to swipe away the stray strands of her hair framing the side of her face.

His touch felt warm but at the same time, a shock ran through her, like a sizzling dot of light coming at full speed.
"Xa-"

"Triantafyllo" He cut off her words before she could even complete as he leaned down a bit more and the slender fingers of his right hand kept on playing with her hair as he wrapped them around and unwrapped again.
"Tell me, if...Lucas is your friend, what am I, sweetheart?"

What are you?
She took a deep inhale at his words. No, not exactly because of his words but the way he his voice came to her ears as his breath fanned the back of her neck. It made her want to do something, something just to break this atmosphere, it felt overwhelming but at the same time sweet and now was not the time to fall for his charms.

Definitely not. She muttered to herself.

Unknown to her, a small smile adorned her husband's face as he watched his little wife getting so flustered but she looked much cuter.

And the next second, she felt her body being picked up in the air and soon after, her butt landed on something hard, his lap.
Thinking of the quick movement just now, she turned her back only to come face to face with Xander.

She calmed down her racing heart as she looked at him.

He sat on the chair which she was sitting on just a few moments ago.
And there she was, looking like a cute rabbit that got lost as her eyes widened in confusion and amazement as she found herself sitting on his lap.