CHAPTER 126

Scarlett stopped dead in her tracks. Her ears couldn't believe what she just heard.
Even if they don't have much interaction, Scarlett at least knew that her father had died in a car accident and her mother had already run away with someone else after giving birth to Talia. Talia and Nicole were only a year apart.

But now, she dares to stand in front of her and say that my husband killed her father? Does that make sense?

A hot, white rage suddenly erupted inside Scarlett as she recalled the time when Sean said the same thing, the ambiguous words of Maria and now her!
They directly or indirectly always pointed their fingers at him! For what reason? What gave them the right to do? To defame someone like this? To taint their reputation? To actually go forward and tell his wife all such things? Do these people not have any conscience?
"Do you people have nothing else to do other than pointing fingers at my husband, huh? Do you think you would say something and I'll believe you just like that and they go doubt my husband...just as you want? Talia, I don't know if you are dumb or overly confident but you made a wrong move coming here!"

She spread her arms and scoffed,
"He killed your father?! Don't!" She gritted her teeth.
He's the most calm and gentle person I know! I believe him wholeheartedly and know he would never do something like this."
Her eyes conveying the unwavering trust she had in her husband.
"And you? Don't you have any conscience? How can you accuse a person of such an extreme crime? Taking someone's life?! What gives you the right to do that? If he had actually killed you father, which I don't believe, you should have gone to the cops or court to get your father justice, not to come here and ramble to me!"

Talia was taken aback by this. She never expected Scarlett to react like this. Her thought had always been that Scarlett wouldn't do or say anything to her even if she said anything wrong to her on account of Mia.

However, after a moment, she came back to her senses. She still believed that Scarlett was that same quiet person with a submissive personality and she just reacted so strongly right now because of the sudden shock her words might have given her, So, she didn't bother to mince her words at all and spoke,
"What do you know?! You have always been a carefully sheltered princess of your parents! How would you know anything about the miserable life I have led? If you had lost your parents before, then you would have known, you wretched bitch!"

She took a step forward and tilted her chin,
"And cops, court? What use are they? They are powerless in front of such big businessmen like your husband! What could they do? I couldn't even see my father for the last time before he was killed! What wrong did my father do?!" This time, she wasn't putting on an act anymore. There were tears pooling in her eyes and her voice turned a bit hoarse.
She remembered her father, that tall man who always smiled at her, bought things for her and never let her feel the absence of a mother. Yeah, there were a few fights but who doesn't turn a little rebellious during their teens? She also did but doesn't mean she wanted her father to be killed!

She remembers as the images from that night floated in front of her mind.

FLASHBACK

The moment she came back from school and as she reached the road in front of her house, an ominous feeling erupted in her heart. There were a few police cars standing around, people had crowded in front of her house, whispers going around about how a man in his forties was killed last night. She couldn't believe her ears. She had squeezed through the crowd just to see her father being laid on a stretched, covered in blood!
There were stab wounds all over his body and dark burns covering his skin....the scene was awful!