CHAPTER 95

THIRD PERSON'S POV
TWO DAYS BEFORE

It was currently 10 at night and the streets were still filled with people moving around.
However, if one looked closer and more intently, they would find that most people here were couples.

It was a small street with full of shops such a bakeries, cafés and some toy and flower shops.
But still, the most dominant smell around the whole street was of bread and cakes.

It seemed as if happiness had found home here but still in one corner of a small coffee shop, sat a lonely figure.

His heart, full of heartache and sorrow, was aching badly. For some reason, he, at first instinct, chose the window seat and sat there.

Maybe he wanted to torment himself more.
Valentine week starts tomorrow and all the couples out there were having a warm time as they walked hand in hand or hugging their significant partners in a warm embrace in such cold winter weather.

Why?
Why can't he enjoy that too?

He also wanted to enjoy such warmth with his beloved. He also wanted to go out there with the person he loves and create beautiful memories together.

What was his fault? Where did he go wrong?
He has always just wanted to be with his Lettie.
He met her first, liked her first then why.....

Then why did that bastard was the one who took her in the end?

Xander Knight!

Lucas restrained his rage the moment he heard the door bell ring as someone entered the cafe.

The Fismond Cafe. It was truly worthy.
Set in a small street at the extreme left most corner, it had a unique charm to it. As the soft bell that rings every time someone enters, it also spreads out a beautiful fragrance along with....as if every person here is worthy of such an exquisite smell to carry along with them.

It was nothing different as every time the door opens, it also presses on the handmade spray that is hung on top of the wall hanging above the door which sprays out this beautiful fragrance.

"You're here?"
A voice sounded from behind him.

He did not look back.
This voice....is a bit familiar.

For a moment, he deliberated.

"Nicole." His voice came out as he turned around to look at her.

Of course he recognised her. Her sister, Talia has been friends with Scarlett and whoever is around his Lettie, how can't he know?

She was looking at him with a slight smirk on her lips as her green dress accentuated her already tight curves. With a white metallic clutch in her hand and a gold necklace around her neck in alignment with the gold clips on her hair, she did look like a wealthy madam of a high class family.

"Lucas Rodrigues." She greeted and without him offering her to, she already took her seat opposite him.

"Admiring the lovers right out there on the street? Aren't they just sweet?" She had a mocking smile on her face as she turned to look outside her window before commenting.

Lucas did not say anything to her remarks. Instead, with his head low, his fingers played with the rim of the white porcelain glass contains the cold coffee which was empty now having been drunk by him.

"Isn't it a pity?" Nicole took a look at him before waving her hand towards the waiter on the side.
"A glass of wine, please."

"White wine." She added after a moment.