CHAPTER 101

"No, he's very good. A really good husband." I whispered.

"What did you say?" Mia asked, putting a fry dipped in sauce in her mouth.

"Nothing." I shook my head once again.

She had asked me before if he yelled at me or hit me after seeing me so down.

But Xander? And yell at me?
I don't think so he could do that. He's far too composed and mature to do that. More like he will glare at me with those cold eyes of his and let me correct my mistake on my own if I ever do so.

"I'm really sorry about yesterday though." She once again apologised about what happened yesterday.

Yes, the rumour thing.
Mia and Kat both never expected me to come so suddenly to the college. They didn't tell me the rumours earlier in order not to upset. Plus, I know what they might be thinking, exactly what I would do if I was in their place and that is I would already squash the rumours or threaten others not to say a single word of such an absurd rumours if I knew my friend was coming to college.

But they didn't know about my sudden visit and plus I never blamed them.
If someone were to blame, then....

My fingers clenched as I thought about yesterday. The only person I could think of was Layla but then again I had no proof.
Well, what can I do anyways? I don't have a background as hers and besides, I don't want to create any scene in my last year ever though I'm pretty sure yesterday's drama must have reached the dean.

But so what? If he calls me to the office, I'll explain. I've never done anything wrong.

"Are you worried?" Kat suddenly asked.

"Hmm?" I turned to look at her.

She pursed her lips slightly and bit the side of her lip before speaking in a low voice.
"You know....I'm just saying."

"Yes?" I still didn't understand what she was trying to say.

"Did you tell your husband about it? He can easily help you with it and even Dean won't be able to do anything."

She spoke so seriously that even I believed.
Like...seriously?!

"C'mon Kat, it's not like those novels. In reality, that does not happen. Plus, I don't wanna disturb him." I replied.

I really didn't wanna disturb him. And also....since yesterday evening when he picked me up, I felt as if he's been in a bad mood. He didn't even come for dinner.

I also didn't wait for him. I was already extremely tired after attending classes during the day after such a long period of time and plus, the Layla drama from the morning.

Maybe he was tired.
Yeah, that is reasonable.

"By the way, how was your date yesterday?"
Kat was on a date with Carson so they both had skipped College yesterday.

I'm really happy for her. She finally got a guy worthy of her. To be honest, I was initial skeptical of Carson. I just wanted my best friend to be happy but Carlson's reputation of being a playboy really made me worry.

However, I realised that sone things are just destined.

And some pairs have indeed been made in heaven.
Like Carson and Katherine.

They are so sweet that you might even feel your teeth ache if looked at them for a long time.
Kidding. They are amazing!

She had continuously sent me photos of both of them together and detailed texts of how they spend their day. From her tone, it seemed as if she was glowing in happiness.