CHAPTER 23

"The prettiest eyes sparkle
from the inside out."

- Atticus
___________________________________________

Scarlett's pov

Today was the day, the day everyone awaited.

The wedding day.

Everyone was bustling around the vast tiled floor of the hotel.

All wearing beautiful traditional attires.
The length of lehengas waving around as the girls moved from one place to another giggling with each other.
Boys looking amazing in sherwanis.
It all looked so amazing.

Now you all must be wondering who's wedding am I talking about?

It is Maya's wedding. You remember?
Raj Uncle's daughter?
Her special day is today.

She is like a sister to me. We are not that close but yeah, we do share some secrets with each other whenever we meet.
We prank each other and always make sure the other one is happy.

And that's why she got the liberty to choose the dress for me on this day. It was her day afterall, so I also agreed.

But if knew, she intended to exploit that liberty, I would have never agreed.

She got me a lehenga, a beautiful one but still it's like a nightmare to me. It's too revealing. I told her I don't want to wear it  despite knowing you shouldn't say no to the bride on the day of her wedding, still I took the risk and here I am, one hour later, wearing the lehenga she chose.

Wow!! I can't believe I'm actually wearing it

All the people are looking at me. They must be wondering how stupid I am or how stupid I look.

Ughhhh!!
I'll get back at you Maya.

My parents were busy talking with the elders. And I was here sitting alone near the stage.

It's already been so late at night.
Every ritual before the wedding ceremony was done.

Now only the baraat was to come. The groom's procession.

I was going to go check up on Maya to see if she needed any help when I heard someone calling my name.

"Scar, wait."

On turning around, it was Sean.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about him. He was here too.

Actually Maya invited him without even telling me about it. She knows he's my friend and also that he have feelings for me.

I thought she might not invite him but naah, she being the friendly self she is, sent him the wedding invitation.

I cannot ignore him here, now can I ?