CHAPTER 116

She wanted to go upto him but her legs were literally trembling and she had tears running down her cheeks.

However, she didn't even need to make this effort because the very next second, Xander himself came upto her and hugged her immediately.
He rushed to feel her in his arms, calm his fast beating anxious heart.

Only he knows what all thoughts came to his mind the moment he found out that she hadn't come home yet.  He went to check her location but it turned out that she had left her bracelet at home and went out without that.

It was the Christmas gift that Xander had given her before but what she didn't know was that it had a tracking device installed in it.
However, at that moment, not many incidents had happened so Xander also didn't feel the need to tell her about it or let her know to keep wearing that bracelet at all time.

However, now he regretted that very much.
How could he be so careless?

He blamed himself but also knew that it was not the times to drown in self blame so he quickly composed himself and contacted his subordinates to find her location before he himself went drive around and try to find her.

Fortunately, he first went to her college and after checking the security cameras, he found her location so they didn't have much delay.
If the other person was not Sean but.....the same person as the one behind that fire incident, it could be said that Scarlett would not have been found so quickly. He doesn't what he would have done then.

"Triantafyllo." Hugging her, his breathing calmed down.
"I'm so glad you are safe."

Scarlett nodded her head in his embrace. His signature mint and leather scent calmed her anxious nerves and she felt secure in his arms.
"You are here. Thank you!"

Xander nodded, her head settled beneath his chin and he kissed the top of her hair before patting her on her back.
"It's alright."

He wanted to say that it was his fault for not finding her sooner and she didn't need to thank him but at this point, he was just glad that she was safe, here in his arms.

They both had forgotten the cold war happening between them and just stood their silently.

Xander's subordinates had already cleaned up the room and had captured Sean.
"Let me go!" He we still shouting, struggling to get out of their hold.
"You don't know why my father is! I'm telling you, you'll regret it! You fuckers! Let go me I said!"

However, his word only fell on deaf ears. No was paying any attention to him and this enraged him even more.
"Xander, let me go!"

Xander turned around to face with Scarlett still snuggled in his arms. He gently pushed her head a bit more in his chest so that she would not have to face that bastard again.
"Deal with him." He ordered his subordinates in a cold, frosty voice.

How dare this person do this to her?! To his trianatafyllo?!

This could never be forgiven! If it wasn't to comfort her right now and make sure she's all right, he would have dealt with Sean himself......in a way the latter could not even imagine.

But his subordinates understood their boss well. The head of the team quickly knew what to do so he signaled others to tie up that Sean scum and bring him to their black dungeon.