CHAPTER 44

" I think people would be happier if they admitted things more often. In a sense we are all prisoners of some memory, or fear,
or disappointment - we are all defined by something we can't change."

- Simon Van Boot
Illusion of Separateness

___________________________________________

Scarlett's pov

After five hours of shopping, I finally got all the things I needed for my big surprise.

That stupid duffer thinks he'll cheat on me and I'll do nothing!!

He should just wait and watch!!

I was in the car coming back home. Kat and Mia already left.
Soon , I reached home and Cole helped me in carrying all the things I bought inside.

Thanking him, I closed the door.
I gave Sasha and Anna off today as there is literally nothing to do and I had my dinner out with my friends already.

Considering the amount of time I spent on shopping, I should be tired by now but no, I wasn't. Infact I was excited and energised by the idea of how will Mr. Silencer react on seeing my surprise.

I had to spend only a little amount of money as the rest Maria offered. She doesn't know about my plan, the just knew I was going for shopping so she insisted I use her card.
And I did....like you don't say no to money!! Lol!

I took my bags and went towards his room. It also had X. V. S. R. K engraved above it.

What the heck does it mean?
What does V. S. R stand for?

Can it be "Xander Very Serious Rude Knight?"
I laughed at my thought.

Well, anyways, it doesn't matter to me what this means.

Right now, I should complete the task I have come here for.
I silently opened his door and went inside.

There were two doors on each side of the bed.
Which would be the closet one? I wondered.

I tried to go check the left one and to my luck, I found it.

                      _________________

After two hours and finally completing my surprise, I exhaled a deep breath.

Phew!!
Finally done.

I was so exhausted I just laid on his bed only. I could sleep here today,I thought.

No, you can't. It's his room. My inner voice whispered.

So, what? It's not like he's here or something! I can sleep in his bed. He still has a week left to come.

With these thoughts, I closed my eyes and didn't realize when I drifted into a deep slumber.

                     ________________

It was only when I felt something soft touching my feet that I stirred in my sleep.

What's that?
Is a bug touching my feet?

Ohh noooooooo

I really don't like bugs.
Like it's nothing personal, but they kind of irritate me a lot.

And now feeling there was a bug on my feet,
I immediately jerked my feet upwards and got up from the bed. I might have hit the bug too in the process because the next moment a manly groan was heard.