CHAPTER 42

"It hurts to be broken. But it hurts more when you're still in love with the person who broke you."

- Shattered love

___________________________________________

Third person's pov

Lucas stilled on hearing her question. It wasn't that he didn't expect her to ask that, he just thought he would get a little time before he had to answer her.

He can't lie to her but he also can't tell her the whole truth. But he had to answer her honestly though a bit partially.

"I..uh....my..." Lucas didn't know how to exactly tell her.

"You ....you don't have to tell me if you don't want to." Scar put her hand on his on the table.
"Honestly, I'm just really happy to have you back, to have my best friend back." She gave him a genuine smile.

Looking around, she saw a person standing near the entrance.
Lucas looked at her and followed her gaze.

"Oh, I completely forgot! He's standing there to bring the food in." Lucas gestured that person with his raised hand to enter inside.

Soon, a delicious meal was spread in front of them. It had sandwiches, burgers, pizza, fries and chocolates, a lot of chocolates.

Both were hungry so they immediately dig in. In a few minutes, the food was all finished.

"I am soo full." Scar laughed out rubbing her stomach.
"It was so yummy."

Lucas smiled on seeing her like this.
But that smile was soon replaced by a sad one.

"It was my dad...he was ....he had an attack ...." He stopped for a moment taking a deep breath.

Scar stilled. She didn't expect this.

He continued but this time looking out of the window, " A paralysis attack. I left because of my dad....."

Scar got up and went towards him. She bent down and hugged him.
"How's he now?" She asked without knowing how hurtful that was to him.

He wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tightly.
"He's good."

She smiled on hearing this but that soon vanished when he next spoke.
"He must be good."

"What do you mean?" She stood up. Her eyebrows furrowed at his words.She didn't understand what he was saying.

"He must be doing good up there." He pointed his finger upwards.
"With the god."

She gasped on hearing this. Tears came to her eyes. She immediately hugged him again.
"I'm sorry. I didn't know."

Lucas never liked anyone pitying him or sympathising with him. But he didn't mind when Scarlett did that. He liked when she would care for him , worry for him, feel for him.

"It's alright Lettie. Let's not get sad now." He patted her back and kissed her on the temple of her forehead.

Apart from her family and friends, Lucas was the only with who's touch she was comfortable. But Lucas had to work really hard for that. And eventually, she started feeling safe and secure with him. She felt comfortable with him.

_______________________

Xander was sitting on his bed tired after a hectic day full of meetings and new projects. He decided to call his Badima and also ask how is his Triantáfyllo doing. He wanted to know if Scar had dinner as Sasha is on leave today in the evening and he knows his Triantáfyllo can't cook.