CHAPTER 85

𝗦 𝗖 𝗔 𝗥 𝗟 𝗘 𝗧 𝗧𝗪 𝗜 𝗟 𝗟 𝗜 𝗔 𝗠 𝗦 _______________________________

𝗦 𝗖 𝗔 𝗥 𝗟 𝗘 𝗧 𝗧
𝗪 𝗜 𝗟 𝗟 𝗜 𝗔 𝗠 𝗦
_______________________________

THIRD PERSON'S POV
_______________________________

Now they both were sitting in the living hall with all the children crowded around them.
Xander had already bought a lot of Christmas and New Year gifts for them.
Most of them were chosen by Scarlett and the remaining few were chosen by Xander.

Everyone loved their gifts. They all had huge smiles on their faces.

But not so later, one of the kids with red hair whispered something in the ears of the girl standing beside him. The girl frowned at his words but then she also quickly put her hands together like a microphone and whispered something into the ears of the girl beside her.
And then, the next girl also did the same.

Scarlett and Xander both noticed it at the same time and they both turned to look towards each other with confusion evident in their eyes.

They both wondered what all these children were up to.
Looking back, they saw practically almost all the children had a somber look on their faces.

What has just happened?
They both couldn't understand.

"What happened?" Scarlett asked them.

But none spoke.
She looked towards Jenny and she also had a confused expression on her face.

The silence continued until Athy stood up. She had a serious expression on her face but there was also a bit of hesitation.

Seeing this Scarlett stood up and slowly walked towards her . She leaned down and took Athy's small hand in her own before bent down to come eye level at her.
"What happened, dear?"
She asked in a soft voice.

Hearing her question, Athy looked into her eyes with hesitation.

"Tell me. Is there something I did wrong? Did you not like the gifts?"
Scar was concerned. It was her first time giving gifts after her marriage and she wanted everyone to love them. After all, they were also chosen by Xander.

Xander looked at Scarlett upon hearing her words before he opened his mouth.
"We can buy another batch of gifts."

"No"
It was at that mom when Athy spoke.
She shook her head and again said,
"No, it's not ....that."

"Then?" Scar squeezed her hand as if to reassure her to tell her what's bothering her.

"It's..." Athy looked back toward all the children and saw them all nodding their head at her before she gazed back at Scarlett and finally opened her mouth,
"Umm....Scarlett Di, now that you're married. Are you also going to have a baby? And we also wanted to say that you don't have to come here often and we will also not ask for you. Now you must be busy with your own life too and we...:we don't want to burden you.....and so...so we...."