Mood Switches and Passwords

Now and then I'll remember when I was 9 and my family was at the Malfoy's Ball. We didn't go to balls often, but I begged and begged so I could wear the new dress I got. It was a baby blue dress. I loved blue and was excited when we got there. I walked in and grabbed a glass of mango-flavored juice. I didn't love it but Mrs. Malfoy used to always give it to me and it was a comforting thing at that point. 

She was the uncommon warmth at the Manor. I talked with the other kids, besides Malfoy, I always found other kids fun as I didn't have any siblings. Then Malfoy came, I smiled nicely, I used to try to be nice to him.

"Hi, Draco!" I smiled sweetly

"Hi Y/N," he said nicely "I like your dress"

"Why thank you sir" I curtseyed "I like your suit"

He chuckled and bowed. We joked around until his father saw and suddenly everything changed. His smile dropped and his eyes went cold

"Don't smile at me, you filthy mud blood lover" he glared at me. I was taken aback "w-what" I teared up

"I hate blood traitors. I could never be friends with a blood traitor" he scoffed "go cry baby" he mocked and talked to the Goyle boy.

That was the day I knew we were destined to be enemies and I would never cry in front of anyone I didn't trust.

///////

Christmas was in a week. I haven't been out of the dorm for days. I haven't eaten, showered, or changed. My anger turned to sadness.

"Get up," Cho said

I groaned "No."

She pulled my blanket off and I was freezing "you're the worst" I groaned and got up. I was really dizzy and almost fell over

"When did you last eat?"

"a couple of days ago" I mumbled

"A COUPLE DAYS AGO" she yelled "it's lunch, get dressed and brush your hair. We're getting some food in you"

After I got dressed, I looked in the mirror. My usually bright eyes and glowing skin were replaced with dark under circles and plain skin. I walked to The Great Hall. I sat down as Cho piled food on my plate. "Eat," she said and I nodded and took a tiny bite.

"Y/N" Luna's airy voice said next to me "I'm so glad you're better, you know I care about you so much and I hate to see you in pain." she hugged me tightly

I hugged her back and took a few more bites. I looked up to see Malfoy staring at me with concern. I tried to get up and leave 
"no. eat more" Cho pulled me back down. I groaned and took a few more bites. I eventually finished the plate and she let me go. I walked out and was stopped

"Chooo I finished my plate. Let me go back and wallow in my own sadness" I turned around to see Draco "Oh"

"What's wrong with you. Are you seriously so pathetic that you are going to let a little boy ruin you like this" he said gripping my wrist and pulling me away from my friends

"He didn't ruin me" I mumbled

"Yes, he did. You have dark eye circles and your skin is dull. Seriously I thought you would at least stand up for yourself!"He yelled

"Just stop okay! I don't need you to yell at me!" I yelled back

 "Perfect bathroom password is Sherbet," he said quietly "go..take care of yourself so you don't look so awful, and um don't tell anyone I told you."

"Like I would tell anyone I talked to you" he gripped my wrist tighter as I spoke

"Listen here. Don't you speak to me like that? I am your superior and I will not have a blood traitor speak to me. You are a filthy mess Y/N"

I was taken aback. He was just so nice...maybe I was mean but he had started it."

"What did I ever do to you" I mumbled, he didn't respond, I assume he hadn't heard me. 

--------

After getting out of the bath, I got dressed in black leggings and a Ravenclaw sweater. I wore some black platform boots and ran outside to go to Hogsmeade. I ran up to Luna

"You look good, and smell like fresh rain" She smiled brightly and held my hand. "I'm happy for you Y/N!"

When we got out we went to the stores so I could buy Christmas presents. We went into three broomsticks. I sat next to Luna

"Two butter beers please" I ordered and gripped Luna's hand

People always thought we were more than friends but Luna's love language was touch so I made sure she knew that I loved her, as a friend of course. The butter beers arrived and I started talking to Luna. She told a joke and I choked on my drink.

"Luna!" I laughed as she grabbed napkins and wiped them around us.

"Sorry," she said half laughing half concerned

"It's okay, but let's go. I have to get presents! Don't worry I already got yours"

She smiled and we paid and ran out. We arrived at a store and I saw a beautiful blue ring.

"Luna. Look at this" I smiled

"it's beautiful," she said coming over and looking at it "are you going to buy it?"

"No, I don't think so. I don't have much money right now" I smiled sadly and we moved to buy a locket for my mom and a magical watch for my dad. We went to Zonkis and marveled at the items. I grabbed a Nose-Biting teacup and smirked.

"Y/N," she said, knowing that smile "what are you thinking"
"Welllll I might have just found Malfoy's present" I laughed.

I bought it and packaged it. Before I gave it I put a note inside it.

Dear Draco,
I'm not sure what to say in this letter. What is happening? You are nice one second then mean the next. Usually, I would be used to mood switches but lately, I feel like I'm getting whiplash. By the way, I don't look like a "filthy mess" anymore, your words are not mine. Anyway, here's a very special gift for you. Though the letter is more important than the gift, bottom line. Figure out what's going on, I will not entertain this anymore.
~Y/N

"So, not to mean right?" I asked

"Noooo not at all. Especially the part where you are giving him a biting teacup" Cho said sarcastically

I rolled my eyes and attached the presents to Callie's leg. "Eh, he gets what he gets" I shrugged. "Anyways I need to catch up on homework sooo" I put puppy dog eyes on

"Really? puppy dog eyes again?" she rolled her eyes "ill tell you everything I learned I guess" she laid back on her bed dramatically

"you. are. a. life. saver." I smiled and booped her nose, which led me to chase around the common room.

"I TOLD YOU HOW I FEEL ABOUT BOOPS Y/N M/N L/N," She said yelling after me

I laughed and ran into the couch, flipping over it only to be attacked again.

"Okay okay! I'm sorry!" I laughed as she got off "Can we do homework now?" I asked

She shrugged as if she didn't just go all attack dog on me "sure"

A/N 150 READS?!?!! Thank You so much!!!!! I am so thankful!!!

Word Count: 1271