Lies for Love and Forgiveness

"Silly girl. You thought he would ever love you?" A voice sneered at me

"He does love me! You don't know anything" I yelled at the dark figure"

"No. He doesn't" I felt a sharp slap

I woke up sweating. I was still in the common room. My heart was beating out of my chest. I sat up on the couch and breathed deeply. I went upstairs and got dressed in leggings and a white t-shirt. I looked worn at my hand and was immediately confused. The ring was gone.

"What the fuck" I mumbled and ran out the common room and right into Snape. "Ouch" I fell over and rubbed my head

"L/N. To what were you doing running in the halls," he said and helped me up.

"Nothing just..hungry" I mumbled. He looked at me, I knew he didn't believe me. "Well..just walk next time. 10 points from Ravenclaw," he said and walked away

I sighed and walked into the Great Hall. I sat down and played with my porridge. Something about the ring helped me and without it...I felt like a piece of me was missing. Neville cane and sat by me.

"What wrong Y/N?" He said looking concerned.

"My ring. I got it for Christmas and when I woke up it was gone." my eyes started welling up with tears.

He smiled sadly "maybe it flew off your hand? we could look around your common room," I said and laid my head on his shoulder. "Why does stuff like this always happen to me?" I sniffled

He patted my head and I laughed "I'm not a dog" he laughed too and I got up. He followed me as I left to go to my common room. We were just about to go into my common room when Malfoy walked in front of us.

"Isn't this sweet. A loser Ravenclaw with an even worse Gryffindor." He laughed

I stared at him for a second then looked down. "I don't have time for this today. I will gladly argue with you any other day," I said and looked down at my empty hand. I grabbed Neville's hand and started walked

"Looking for this?" Malfoy said I turned around to see the ring in his hand. I walked up to him to try to grab it but he held it up high. "Nuh-uh. You don't get this," he smirked.

"Give it back Malfoy." I clenched my fist so hard they were white

He shook his head and threw it, shattering the pearl on top. I heard it crack. I ran and grabbed it

I stared at it, looking at the crack that ruined the beauty of the ring, I looked back up at him. "How could you Malfoy. I have dealt with everything you did to me. The yelling, the hitting, everything. You have sucked every ounce of happiness out of me and you do not care." He stared at me, dumbfounded. I laughed lightly not knowing what else to do. "You know I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt. I tried to Luna that I could figure it out, I said maybe it's your family, but you know what. I'll admit I was wrong. You are a bully, nothing but a pathetic, egotistical, bully." I said, my hands were shaking.

He took a step back. "It's just a ring. That is all it is" he said trying to sound tough but I heard a quiver in his voice

"Can't you see Draco? It's not just a ring, it's the only thing that brought me happiness in the shithole of my life." I said and threw the ring at him. "You won Malfoy. Proud of yourself Malfoy, you finally broke me. Good. Job." I said

Neville was dumbfounded but took me back to my common room. We sat on the couch and I laid my head on his lap. He stroked my hair and whispered words of encouragement. I sniffled "Why don't you tell me about you and Abbot?" I just wanted to know someone was happy.

He told me all about Him and Her. I loved hearing about them, he really liked her and I was so happy for him. Soon I fell asleep.

————————-

I woke up and Neville was gone.

Dear Y/N

I'm sorry I had to leave. You fell asleep and I realized I had to finish my potions essay. You know I love you Y/N. You are so strong and I'm so sorry for what Malfoy did to you.

-Nevi

I smiled at the note. 'what a sweetheart' i smiled to myself. I sat on my bed and read the daily profit and their lies. I went to go play with my ring, only to remember that it was gone. My eyes welled up and I aggressively closed the Daily Profit. I walked out of the common room and up to the astronomy tower. I stared out at Hogwarts.

"Don't do anything you'll regret L/N" a cold voice said behind me

I turned around to see Malfoy. "Go away," I mumbled and stared back out.

"I will but...I fixed this. Merlin knows you need something to help your pathetic life." he said and came next to me and put the ring in my hand.

"Thanks, now can you leave?" I said and put the ring on. I fiddled with the ring and heard footsteps go away.

I took a deep breath and fiddled with the ring, it was green.

—————

I was eating supper in the great hall when a Callie gave me a note. I gave her a few vegetables and she flew away. It was a letter.

Dear Y/N,
Hi...I'm writing this note because someone told me someone broke your ring. That was very pathetic of them. Luckily it was fixed. I don't want you to know my identity because if you did the ring would mean a lot less to you. I don't know how you feel anymore. Everything is insane and I can't sleep. I don't know why I am telling you this but I just thought you should know. You are not alone. Please...don't do anything you'll regret. Stay. Safe.

~Sherbet

I reread the letter over and over. Another note from sherbet. I looked around to see if anyone was looking at me I only saw Malfoy's glare, a thought ran across my mind as I looked between the letter and him. I quickly dismissed it however, he would never do anything that nice for me. I folded the letter and put it in my sweater.

I finished my plate and stood up. I walked out of the Great Hall. I knocked on the potions classroom door.

"Come in." a deep voice said, I walked in " L/N. what do you want".

"I don't know why I'm coming to you but-"

"He did something didn't he" Snape interrupted

I nodded " yeah... I kinda went off on him, but this time he wasn't angry. He seemed..regretful?" I said

"Do you remember what I told you about Malfoy?" I nodded "You, besides potter, are the only one who stood up to him. He isn't used to it but there is something different about you. See, when potter stands up to him, he resorts to anger, much like he used to with you. Something changed a few weeks ago. I believe I know what it is but it's not my place to tell you."

"Why not? I want to know" I said, my voice raising a little bit.

"Do not raise your voice at me L/N. I will not tell you, that is for you two to find it out. Now, what's that letter in your robe." he said pointing to the letter.

"That's nothing," I said but gave in when he gave me a snark look

"Very interesting indeed" he read the letter over. "Let me see the ring," he said.

I handed it over and he examined it "Hm. Why does it turn green?" he said

"When I'm happy." I said "then why is it green right now, you aren't happy right now," he said handing the ring back.

"I.....I don't know," I said staring at the ring

"Maybe..just maybe L/N. The giver wasn't completely honest on what the magic does" he said "maybe...it's something completely different than what you were told.

A/N. Hello. I hope you all are doing well. 430 reads! WHAT. Thank you all so much!!! I love you all <333

Word Count:1419