One Can Only Handle So Much

A/N: These last few days have been insane. The amount of love and traction on this story just makes my heart so happy. Like right now there is 3.38k reads WHATT that is just..insane is the only way I can explain it. So thank you, I love you all. MUAH!

I've loved Halloween at Hogwarts for as long as I remember. Hagrid has worked hard for years on the pumpkin and I liked looking at the faces on them. Luna didn't love Halloween, said it has 'bad vibes' whatever that means but she always came to the feast with me. I woke up a little late I quickly rushed to get my uniform on, which I only did due to not having any classes with Neville today, only to realize I had lost my tie and no one was there to help me find it.

"ARG where is my tie!" I said searching under my bed and eventually just pouring out the contents of my trunk, I finally saw my tie and grabbed it, not without seeing the bunny ears that Harry let me borrow that I forgot to return. I quickly put my tie on while pocketing the ears, and raced through the halls to breakfast, promptly running straight into someone.

"Merlin Y/N, you okay there?" I looked up and saw Blaise holding his hand out to me. I smiled and grabbed his hand, him pulling me up way faster than I expected.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going and-" I started before he cut me off "It's fine Y/N but you got to work on looking where you're going. You seem to run into people a lot Y/N"

/////////////

I opened my door and walked out, running into a wall. I groaned and rubbed my forehead. "Watch where you're going lo-Y/n". Apparently, the 'wall' was Draco

//////////////

"Y/N?" I snapped back from my remembrance and looked at him "Um...what are you doing out of here, everyone is eating" I said while dusting my self off

"I was looking for you, haven't seen you all year," He said while looking at me "Yeah well Blaise you seemed pretty busy watching Draco snuggled up with Pansy. Didn't want to bother you" I sneered remembering the painful trip on the Hogwarts express. I saw his expression change into a mix of anger and sadness

"Now that's not fair Y/N and you know that," He said, raising his voice a little. I flinched slightly at his tone but stood my ground. "No, what isn't fair is your supposed to be my friend, and you let him do that to me." I said, taking a deep breath "Thank you for helping me up." I muttered under my breath and shoved past him.

I walked into the Great Hall, I saw Luna with Neville and sat next to them, I let out a shaky breath before talking. "Thanks for waking me up Luna," I said sarcastically and Luna jumped, looking over at me

"Getting into the Halloween spirit aren't you Y/N," Neville said and I nodded. "Yep, did you know muggles dress up for Halloween?" I said and put some porridge on my plate, taking a bite as Luna responded. "Oh yes, father told me all about that. They dress as all sorts of things, ghosts, animals, and even witches!" She laughed, I was quickly reminded of the bunny ears I had pocketed.

"Hey, Neville? Would you mind returning these?" I pulled the ears out, Neville shook his head "He's just over there, why don't you do it?" He asked taking a bite himself. He pointed over at the Golden Trio. I shook my head quickly "Neville! Do you know how embarrassing that would be?".

Luna smiled and quickly grabbed the ears "Harry! Come over here!" I put my head down quickly as I heard his footsteps. "Y/N wanted to return these but she's a wuss so here" She handed him the bunny ears, I expected him to walk away but no, he has to say something. Stupid chosen one.

"Y/N?" he tapped on my back and I put my head up "Can I...talk to you for a second?". I looked over at Neville, who shrugged, I rolled my eyes at him and got up. Harry and I walked out of the Great Hall "Why are you talking to me? We hung out once and never talked, unless of course when you yelled at me because of what Draco did to you."