The Final Year At Hogwarts

Hogwarts was an escape for many people who attended, and I was one of those people. It had been a haven from everything bad in our lives, we were safe and happy.

That was all gone now, Voldemort had taken everything from us, and there was nothing we could do about it.

September 1st

"Ready?" Draco said as we walked out the front door with our suitcases.

"As ready as I'll ever be" I smiled, taking his hand as we apparated to the platform. We got there but everything was different, no buzzing first years, no excited parents, nothing. Just quiet whispering and small hugs.

I looked around for the only light in the darkness, and there she was. I kissed Draco on the cheek and ran towards her.

"Luna," I said happily and embraced her. She hugged me tight, I smiled at her, a little sadness peeking through. I looked around "Everythings so different," I said quietly.

She nodded "It's awful, I can't believe He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named is ruining all the first-year experiences."

I nodded, glancing at my arm for a second before a voice spoke up. "Y/N" I looked up and saw Neville.

I hugged him tightly. "Neville, I haven't heard from you all summer! How have you been"

"I'm doing good and sorry about not answering those letters, couldn't find the time. What did you do this summer" He asked, also glancing at my forearm.

I moved it behind my back. "Oh, I was at the Malfoy Manor all summer," I said nonchalantly, but his expression didn't reflect that. I couldn't figure out if it was anger or fear, maybe both.

"His father has been in the paper lately, close with He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named, but I'm sure you know that." He replied.

"No, um not really. I stayed with Draco almost all summer. We should board" I said quickly and headed into the train, they followed.

Luna and Neville looked at me suspiciously but I brushed it off. We sat down in our compartment and Luna started talking about her summer. Neville kept looking at me like he knew something.

But there's no way he knew what happened this summer, I'd make sure of it.

------------
After an hour or so, Neville and Luna fell asleep. I smiled at them and got up to use the restroom.

I got there and looked at myself for a little, a lot had changed since last year. It was kind of bittersweet in a way, I didn't know who I was anymore but I don't think any of us did.

I smiled as I heard three knocks at the door, I opened the door to Draco and looked around before pulling him in. I engulfed him in a hug quickly, my head laying on his shoulder.

Draco rubbed my back "Woah what's going on?". I shook my head against his shoulder "He knows" I said into his shoulder.

Draco pulled me away with a confused expression, I sniffled "Neville, he knows"

"Knows about us?" He asked.

I shook my head "No, about..." I gestured to his forearm, "Your father was in the paper all summer, and before I knew that, I told him I was with you all summer. He won't look at me the same ever again."

I knew I was just feeling as Draco did all last year, but he was proud for a while until he realized everything was wrong. I wish I could take it all back because, if Neville acted anything as I did, I'd lose him...for Merlin knows how long.

It was silent for a while, none of us wanted to say the wrong thing. Draco eventually exhaled loudly "I don't love Longbottom, but he cares about you. You could just explain it, I'm sure he'd understand"