Crashing Down

A/N: before I begin, I'm sorry for taking so long to update. my power went out and I prefer to type on my computer but now I'm doing this on my phone. Once my power is back on I'll do a double release! Okay, ily!

It was almost the end of the term. Everyone was bustling around, waiting for test results back. We all sat anxiously, except for Luna, me, and Neville. Luna and Neville wanted to go alone but I couldn't let them. I wouldn't let my best friends fight the death eaters alone. Sirius Black, who two days ago I believed was a murderer and apparently was the only family Harry had left was in danger.

We saw the Golden trio start to run, they wanted to go without us. Not happening, if they were going to risk their lives so were we. That's what Luna wanted but I was nervous. I could die, harry could die. Luna could die. What if this was all some elaborate trick?

So here we are. Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Neville, Luna, and I. We got into the ministry but...he wasn't there, instead, we were met with the cool and dark masks of the death eaters. Harry had the prophecy, I wasn't sure what it was but I didn't want to find out. However, I was the only one with that thought because suddenly

Crash

The familiar sound of glass cracking. The sound made me think of Draco, speaking of Draco....the tall man in front of us, angry over the broken prophecy looked oddly like Lucius.

Suddenly we were being attacked, I watched as ginny defended herself, I was frozen. I thought this was the end of the road when I saw a spell being blasted at Luna. I immediately deflected it.

"STUPEFY!" I yelled as the Death eater was propelled back. We ran out to the doors, where there was a veil. However, there was Sirius, Lupin, Harry, Bellatrix and...Lucius. He lied. This whole time he had been lying, he was on their side. The side that Draco promised he wasn't a part of. The side he promised he'd protect me from. I watched as Harry disarmed the father of a boy who lied. Lucius ran, he seemed to be good at that.

"Nice one James!" I heard Sirius yell. He really was a good fat-

"AVADA KARDVA!" I heard a shrill voice I recognized as Bellatrix yell.

Harry James Potter, the boy who lived. The boy lived with no parents. The boy lived without knowing who he was. The boy who just lost the last family he had. Sometimes I thought he was a prick but he didn't deserve anything he got.

"I KILLED SIRIUS BLACK" She mocked as he chased her. He wasn't able to get her. I saw Ginny, she looked so broken. As if his pain somehow cut through him and into her heart.

We ran to him to see him on the floor. He seemed to be struggling as if every pain in the world he was feeling. We stared at him, numb to all feelings, something he wished he could have. Dumbledore stared at him solemnly, as the minister of magic. Cornelius Fudge ran in. He watched Harry and it was as if a lightbulb went off in his head. He was finally aware of what happened.

Cedric Diggory's death wasn't a mistake. Sirius Black was dead.

and the Dark Lord had returned.

————————-

We returned to school. All of us beat up and battered. Luna was bleeding, and she was the least hurt. I had hurt my ankle pretty bad dodging a spell.

As for Harry, his pain wasn't physical. There was a numbness in him that was stronger than any feeling any of us felt.

For a while, Luna and I just sat there. Too numb to feel anything, I couldn't speak. I felt so betrayed.

/////////////