Promises Were Made To Be Broken

Draco was a very complicated person, to say the least, I never knew who I was waking up to. Most days here was cuddly and lovesick in the mornings but sometimes, with no warning, he'd be in an awful mood. He would be on edge all day, the tiniest issue and he'd snap.

On those days we fought a lot. I'd try to talk to him and he'd yell at me, I'd get defensive, and then we were fighting. I didn't sleep in his room on those days.

The next day we'd apologize to each other and it was all good for a while until the cycle repeated. Sometimes I was pissy, sometimes he was, but most of the time it was both of us.

We were falling into the pattern of 'kiss and make up' again without realizing it. Old habits die hard I guess.

The issue arose when there was no apology the next day, the anger inside us fester and neither of us wanted to admit it.

August 2nd, 1997

I anxiously half-listened to Voldemort as he discussed the future of the wizarding world. I didn't listen to most of the time plan, except for Voldemort's plan for muggle-borns.

They were banned from attending Hogwarts, which meant I didn't get to see Spencer. Cho graduated, but Luna and Neville could still attend school, so at least I had those two. I was still afraid for Spencer, his parents had no idea what was happening, so in return, neither did he.

The minute the meeting ended I went up to my room, paying no attention to anyone but myself. I tried to compose myself, I was overwhelmed with emotion. I hadn't known Spencer for long but he was still a friend, an important friend.

My door opened suddenly and in walked Draco. He looked at me with concern, and I wasn't surprised, he could usually tell when I was upset.

"What's going on, you left in a rush. I called but you didn't even look back." I didn't respond, I just looked at him with fear in my eyes "Is this about the whole muggle-born plan The Dark Lord was talking about?"

I nodded "Spencer could be in danger Draco. If he does I won't be able to live with myself knowing I could've saved him."

Draco noticeably tensed up at the mention of Spencer's name. He didn't respond for a few moments, "What's your plan?"

I looked down "I'm going to go see him."

Draco inhaled sharply "No you aren't Y/N," He said with certainty

I looked up at him in disbelief "You can't tell me what to do, I'm going. You can't stop me."

Draco moved closer to me "I'm trying to protect you Y/N, they'll know."  I stood up, looking him in the eyes with determination

"The only way they'd know is if you told them. Are you going to?" I said, backing up from him a little, for both of our safety

"I don't know Y/N"

I looked at him, laughing in frustration. "So this isn't about protecting me. What is it about then?"

He took a moment before responding "I don't trust you to go see him, I don't know what you two will do"

See, I'm patient as I can be with Draco, but this crossed a line for me "So what, you think I'm going to shag him?"

Draco got defensive quickly "I never said that, don't put words in my mouth. All I said was-"

I cut him odd "-that you didn't know what we'd do. Do you think I'm not loyal Draco? Which one of us is dating another person right now huh?"

Draco laughed in disbelief "That's different, I wouldn't do anything with her."