Returning To The Courtyard

I'm sorry I haven't uploaded for a while, as an apology here's a cute chapter! <33

November 30th, 1997

When I was with Draco it was like the world had disappeared, so maybe that's why the last sixth months had flown by so quickly.

Technically, it had been two years we'd had this thing going on, but in the last six months, we embraced it, truly.

I wish I would've had noticed it sooner, the way the butterflies exploded in my stomach, or how his laugh was better than any song to me. Sure we had our ups and downs but it was all the little things that made the last sixth months go by so quick.

The future is unpredictable so I made sure he knew how much I appreciated him because he deserved to know.

Draco's POV

Six months, two hours, and nineteen minutes since Y/N became mine, and I've loved every moment of it.

Her small smiles at me, the way her arms wrap around mine, or how my heart explodes whenever I see her, all were engrained in my brain.

She's why I am who I am today, and I'll be grateful to her forever, and she'd know that I'd make sure of that.

----------------

Y/N POV

I tapped my fingers on the desk in anticipation, only two more hours until Draco and I were to meet in the courtyard. He had owled me earlier that day to plan a date, we ended up choosing the courtyard at six. I had everything ready, his present, my outfit, everything, but in the end that's not what matters, it was him.

The teachers dismissed us and I ran out of the class excitedly and headed for my dorm room. I slammed open the door, scaring Luna in the process, I apologized quickly and started grabbing my outfit.

"I'm so nervous," I said, while putting my shirt on "I mean, it's him but still..."

Luna smiled at me "Y/N, either way, he'll love you. don't worry about it. I think you look great" She said as I turned around to show her my outfit.

I nodded and took a deep breath, and looked at myself in the mirror, sighing. I just hope he loves it.

Draco's POV

I grabbed a suit from Blaise's room quickly. I only owned one and I didn't want to show her something she had seen before. I started at my work for a little bit before looking at the time and realizing that I had to leave soon. I sighed, I just hope she loves it.

Y/N POV

I ran downstairs as quickly as I could without ruining my outfit, I was running a little late. I tried to avoid bumping into people in the hall as I looked for the entrance of the courtyard.

All the butterflies in my stomach multiplied and flew harder than before. I looked at him, and he looked at me. We didn't need to speak, we knew what we wanted to say.

We started at each other for a moment before I ran to him and hugged him. His warmth surrounded me as I squeezed him tighter. When we finally separate after what felt like a second, it had been five minutes, I looked and saw he had a whole candlelight dinner made.

I tried to hide the smile on my face but it was hard, it was just different than this time last year. I remember all the fights we had, specifically in this courtyard.

I pulled back, my body shaking with anger "It's true? You work for that fucking monster!" I yelled, he clenched his fist in anger "You don't understand Y/N"