Friendship or a Relationship

It was November 26th, 1996, the weather was just right, the sun was there but not enough to where it hurt your eyes or was too hot. It was cold enough to wear a sweater without becoming ice-cold, feeling the slight tinge of coldness but it was a perfect amount, days like these felt like a breath of fresh air (pun intended) from the stress of daily life.

It was a Tuesday, my busiest day. I had Charms, Herbology, DADA, and Potions, it was a really stressful day meaning I got distracted more often from being overwhelmed. I found myself watching the leaves fall of the Whomping Willow, it was hypnotizing, unfortunately, lead to me getting yelled at during DADA

"L/N! Where would you locate a Dark Mark?" Snape's voice snapped me out of my thoughts, I quickly thought of an answer, I spent three hours in the library, quickly remembering the page on it I said "The left forearm Sir. "

"Correct but dentition for guesswork," He said and went back to teaching, I groaned, putting my head on the table before feeling a hand tap my back.

"He's the worst," a voice said from above me and I put my head up quickly and looked to see Cho sitting next to me, clearly annoyed from another detention given out by the anger stricken professor

"Where have you been? I haven't seen you all year nor have we talked and we are literally dormmates.." I whispered over to her and she smiled "I have been there but you just spaced out a lot and didn't hear me"

I laughed but stopped immediately when Snape looked at me. I coughed awkwardly and went back to my notes, I heard Cho stifling a laugh and kicked her.

---------------------

After class I decided to visit Neville in the greenhouse, to relieve some stress and to see my favorite guy in the world. I walked through the beautiful halls of Hogwarts, with everything that happened for the last six years I forgot to appreciate everything about the magical school. Every carving in the wall, the laughter of first years completing or failing their first spells, peers walking around quickly going to somewhere that would deepen the plot of their story.

I was so immersed in the people around me I didn't notice that the hard floor beneath me had turned to grass and the laughter turned into the soft chirping of animals. While first years were trying spells baby animals were learning to fly. Before I knew it I was at the greenhouse, I looked into the greenhouse, there he was.

He was wearing muggle clothes, presumably to not dirty his robe, and there was dirt all over him. Specifically, on his face, he wiped his face a lot from nerves. I knocked on the door and he dropped a pot filled with dirt, making it break immediately as it hit the ground.

"Shit Y/N you scared me!" He said and knelt to the found, scooping up dirt and broken pot pieces, unfortunately cutting his hand.

"Neville! Stop you're bleeding!" I ran over and grabbed his non-injured hand pulling him up, I quickly conjured some bandages and some muggle cleaning liquid and grabbed his hand. "before you complain, I am doing it the muggle way, it's going to hurt like a bitch."

I put the liquid on a napkin and pressed the liquid on for a second before he pulled back in pain. "Neville, my precious friend, it'll be over in a second." I cleaned the wound, ignoring his whines I wrapped a bandage around his hand.

"There! Now I apologize for scaring you into an injury" I smiled , when I was done I started to actually help him by picking up the rest of the mess. "So...what going on, any class-"

I was cut off by Neville quickly saying "Did you bring someone with you?" he said looking over my shoulder "No..why?"

"Because someone was just at the door,"

--------------

I felt off for the rest of the day, I couldn't stop thinking about how someone just watched me and Neville.

I walked to the library, I had a study group with a few friends planned today. I was done thinking about whoever decided to watch me and one of my closest friends. I ran down the hall trying to get the library early to set up. I finally arrived and saved seats.

I waited patiently and started taking notes, preplanning every topic and subtopic to talk about when Blaise walked into the room, I smiled as he sat down. We had a long talk after the fight, while he wouldn't explain why he did what he did he spent days apologizing until I finally surrendered

He looked at my paper and groaned "Are you trying to kill us with work" he gestured to my paper it had about 10 topics in total, including sub-topics it would be about 14.

"For fucks sake just wait for the others" I rolled my eyes, I saw him smile from the corner of my eye. After a while, everyone was there Neville coming in with Luna second, next Romilda, and finally Cho.

"Where has Cho been? I haven't seen her all year" Neville said

"Maybe she was was in her own world for a little" Luna replied as they walked in, Cho quickly ran in and Luna and Neville shared a glance before laughing.

When they were done catching up I finally got to talk "Okay, now that we're done talking and complaining" I looked at Blaise "We can start studying." I said which was immediately followed by groans and a shush from Madam Pince

---------------------

"Good job everyone! Fourteen topics later and amidst the complaints, you surprisingly did well." I smiled as they laid back, rubbing their sore wrists "now go to bed, if I see any dark circles you will feel my wrath"

They rolled their eyes and we all got up, I hugged everyone and walked back to my dormitory with Cho and Luna. When we got there I immediately took a shower

The hot water going down my back made me space out, I thought about everything we learned, we studied every subject as everyone had different classes so a bunch of knowledge was crammed in my brain. I mentally reviewed every part of every class and my brain was exhausted.

I got out of the shower and dried off before getting dressed in my pajamas. I yawned and looked at my bed before seeing a letter laying on my bed. I rubbed my eyes and grabbed it before opening the letter.

Y/N

I find it funny that you are easy to cling to another man immediately, we both know you're lying to yourself. I know what you're doing, stop it before I do for you Y/N. If you can let others go easily, you can stop flirting with every goddamn man you see! Don't think I don't see it, the way you look at them. The way you laugh at their fucking jokes as if they're the funniest in the world. You talk to people you shouldn't. I'll say it again, stop what you're doing before I do.

S.