The Need to Have Someone

After getting out of the library, 3. hours. STUDYING. I finally started walking back with Cho. We were gossiping when Harry came up.

"wait what!" I said in surprise "you kissed him!" my eyes widen in surprise. "Oh. My. God! Cho! I'm so happy for you, he is fineeee." I smile as she hits me. I gasp and hit her back, causing us to have a small 'fight' before we were stopped by a cough from behind us.

"Ehm ladies," a cold voice said from behind us

"Shit," I said and turned around "Malfoy. We were just-" I
started as cho sped away "PUSSY" I yelled after her

"Hmm what shall I do with you L/N."

"Leave me be?" I said as he shook his head

"Well, there is three offense on your charge."

"What? THREE" I said surprised

"1) fighting in halls 2) cursing in halls and 3) calling pottah hot." he sneered

"1-2 I understand but you can't judge looks. I mean have you seen your fath-" I was interrupted by him putting his hand over my mouth

"You shut your filthy mouth. I do not want to hear my father's name coming out of your mouth. Get it?"

"Oh shut up. You talk all this shit about my family and I say one thing about your horse tailed father-"

"What did I just say? Did I not just say to shut your filthy mouth. I might just let Umbridge have her way with you"

"At least she would do something" I mumbled as he pushed me against the wall and grabbed my wrist

"Shut the fuck up. I was going to say, but I don't want to give her the pleasure of hurting you. That's for me." he said as he gripped my wrist tighter. "I remember saying to Lee that I'm allowed to hurt you not anyone else"

"But why." I whined "why do you want to hurt me. I hate it," I said trying to release my wrist

"It's not so hurt-actually it is. It is more or less your reaction. You turn into a whiny mess and it is so interesting to watch" he said smirking

"There are so many other girls." I said still trying to release my arms. "also why do you constantly smell like spearmint. It's very distracting."

"It's my toothpaste, and because I don't want to bully other girls. I want you to bully" he lightened his grip

"well, I won't let you anymore. You'll never see me again" I ran away and into the common room. I realized I could send him one last note.

Dear Draco,
I haven't been able to sleep, since Lee "ruined" me I think a lot. The question on my mind is. "Can Draco love?" here's my answer: No, and I think you chose not to love. You are an asshole and treat everyone around you bloody awful. I'm not sure if it is your dad or something inside you but you need help. You won't take your patheticness out on me. I don't honestly care about how your home life is but you make everyone's life hell. No one likes how you act and for someone who is Slytherin you play the part well. I think you can love but you are so clouded on your own selfishness and anger that you project it on others and I will not be a part of your tantrum anymore.
~Y/N

I sent the note and laid it down. I stared at the stars on my ceiling. Cho was fast asleep and Luna was sleeping on her back? Kinda weird not going to lie. Anyway, I stared at the stars and eventually fell asleep.
————

Sitting at breakfast, talking to Cho I looked over at Slytherin's table when the mail came in. My owl dropped off Draco's note to which he opened, a look of surprise on his face. The minute he started reading I ran out of the great hall. No doubt he would come looking for me.

I ran into Potions and Snape was standing there "Y/N...what are you doing here" he questioned me

"I..um" I started "imhidingfrommalfoy," I said quickly and looked at the floor that was suddenly interesting

He sighed "sit down Miss L/N" I sat down reluctantly, confused by his sudden niceness

"Now I am not new to your guy's....dynamic however I've never seen you cower from him. Explain" he said

I explained everything, from the first year to him gripping my wrists. I explained the note and everything. I blinked back tears.

"I...I know it seems like I am overreacting but."

"No Miss L/N. You are not. Let me tell you something about Mr.Malfoy. He is expected a lot from and no matter what he does his father never appreciates it. He doesn't know how to cope with the new emotions he is feeling. I think he has never been stood up to like you do. Just do what you are doing and ignore him"

I nodded and opened the door to see Malfoy walking down the hall. I hid until he walked away. Noticing he walked less of a strut and more of a grump. I walked to my common room and Luna started brushing my hair when Cho walked in

"I'm sorry for running. You know how I am with confrontation" she mumbled

"It's okay. I just wish Luna was there. She would've stayed and maybe Malfoy wouldn't have done this" I said and showed my bruised wrist.

Cho turned red and walked out. Luna and I headed to Potions where we were partners. I started to stir my potion when a piece of paper was thrown at me. I looked back to see Zabini. He pointed to Draco who's potions were the wrong color. He shrugged and I tried to stifle a laugh. I walked over, avoiding Draco.

"Ohh I see. You stirred it 4 times, not 5. Silly" I punched his arm playfully. He smiled

"Oh I'm sorry we all aren't 'geniuses' like you say you are Ravenclaw" he shrugged.

I acted offended "I'm so hurt" I put my hand over my heart and rolled my eyes

"You can leave now," Malfoy said, boring into my eyes. I ignored him and left.

I finished Luna and I's potion. "Time for Christmas break! I'm staying here for Christmas." I pouted and she smiled sadly

"I'm sorry, at least it's our last week" she smiled brightly and held my hand.

I heard a slam from where Blaise was. As if someone had punched a table in jealousy. I grabbed Luna's hand as the bell was dismissed and we parted ways to go to our classes. I walked alone to Charms, I was suddenly stopped.

"You didn't think you would seriously get off that easy. Would you?"

A/N 170 Reads?!?! WHAT?!??? Thank you so much!!!! I'm trying to update more often now! Byeee Love you all xx

Word Count 1172