How to Perserve and Forget Memories

"He's going to leave you like everyone else!" a  voice yelled at me

"No...no he isn't. He promised!" I yelled back, I didn't know who he was or why I was defending him, all I knew was my heart was racing and my face was red with tears.

"Oh really? Did he tell you what his father was or who he will be?" The sneering voice said, apparently coming from behind me.

"He doesn't have to be like his father! He can make the choice! I know he can...I know."

"You don't know anything," the voice said before I felt a seething pain throughout my body.

----------

"Y/N? Y/N???" A concerned voice said to me. I woke up, gasping.

I looked at Luna, before squinting my eyes and putting on my glasses. "W-What?" I said, still searching for a breath

"You were screaming, or like groaning in your sleep. It was scary..." she mumbled, I looked over to see Cho and the other Ravenclaw also starting at me concerned.

"I...I just had a bad dream" I mumbled and they all nodded. Eventually, they went back to sleep, besides Luna.

"Y/N. Talk to me. Please." she said quietly. "I know something is wrong and I want you to tell me. I don't want this to go too far" she said, sitting next to me on my bed. I sighed.

"It's Draco." I said, she just nodded, she grabbed my hand to tell me to continue "He gave me the ring. He's Sherbet. I don't understand"

"Y/N. I know you don't want to remember it but you know your two's history." She squeezed my hand. She was right. "He's not just Draco or Malfoy, he's"

///////////

"Draco You give me that broom back" I laughed as the small blonde boy ran away with the broom. I chased him around the garden, ignoring the roses. I tackled him and started ticking him

"Ahh Y/N"  he yelled, laughing "okay okay! Here!" he said with tears of laughter in his eyes. I grabbed the broom and laid next to him, heaving.

We stared at the sky, it was dawn and our parents had let us play. We were 7 years old, it's what we did. We were staring at the stars, Draco of course naming all the constellations.

"What's that one Draco ?" I pointed, it was a really beautiful constellation.

"That's Scorpius. In Greek mythology, the constellation Scorpius was identified with the scorpion that killed Orion. It's my favorite constellation." He smiled

"I love it!" I smiled brightly "and such a beautiful name," I said, I was playing with my fingers.

He smiled "One day, I want to name my son after it". I smiled and looked over. "I can't tell if that's adorable or gross that you want to have kids!" I laughed

He laughed "Hey! They won't be as annoying as us!" He said and dramatically laid down as I punched him in the shoulder.

"Maybe, and maybe you'll grow out of your annoying boyness"

"You wish Y/N" he laughed and yawned. "I hope we stay friends forever," he said quickly but quietly.

"Me too Drac. Me too...."

//////////////////

Luna knew about what Draco and I used to be. One day after one of our fights, he had said no one will and has ever truly cared about me, I blurted it all to Luna.

"I know Luna!" I said, not even realizing I had started crying "but we aren't that anymore. I don't care about him like that anymore Luna."

"Y/N. I love you but we both know that isn't true. You gripped my hand when his father came into school"