Where Were You?

It's so easy to pretend that everything is fine. You can make anything into humor, but there was nothing funny about Draco, a man I love, being in the hospital.

"Y/N?" Luna said. I looked back up at her, my hands gripping the edge of the table so hard my knuckles turned white.

"What happened," I said quietly. No matter how small the injury as he was still in a hospital. He was hurt and I wasn't there.

"I'm not sure. I was on my way to a class when I saw him in the hospital, he wasn't awake...now that doesn't mean anything too bad. He could've broken his wrist like harry...or something else" She said

I just couldn't believe that, I felt in my gut something worse had happened.

"I just thought you should know," she said quietly. I shakily grabbed my bag and got up.

"Can you come with me, Luna?" I said quietly and she followed me out. Everyone was in their classes already so the halls were empty, "Where's the hospital"

Luna looked at me for a second you "You aren't going to see him.." She started

"I want to know what happened," I said a little too quickly.

"Alright, you have to go in on your own, I love you and all but I don't want to see anyone like that," She said, before I knew it we were at the hospital

"Thank you, Luna, for everything" I smiled sadly and hugged her. I walked into the hospital and saw a familiar blonde, but not the blonde I wanted to see.

"Oh hey, your Y/N right?" She said, extending her hand towards me.

I took her hand and shook it softly "Yeah, you're Astoria right? Draco's girlfriend?" I asked

"Oh um yeah," She said hesitantly, my eyebrows knitted together in confusion "Ok -I shouldn't be saying this- Draco and I aren't really dating."

That information only confused me more "He's covering for me, if my parents found out I was dating a muggle-born they'd kill me."

Draco...covering up for her...so her parents don't find out she was dating a muggle-born. "Why would he do that? No offense, I honestly don't get the whole pureblood thing but Draco is super anti-muggle."

"He used to be but someone...you...changed him. Honestly, he and I would never work out. He's too in love with you"

Goddammit.

"Fun..."I said awkwardly, I didn't want to reveal anything to her "So uh, what happened to him?" I asked, looking over at him.

How can this man look so good all the time?

Astoria looked at him and then at me "Wel he and Harry got into a fight in the third-floor bathroom. I don't know all the details but I think things went too far" That explains the tear stains under his eyes " Madam Pomfrey made him go to sleep, probably because he hasn't slept in days, to be honest."

I looked at him sadly but then I felt angry "So, Potter could've killed him?" I said calmly, but inside I was raging.

"I guess so," she said quietly, I nodded before sighing 'I'm going to go do something really quick, don't tell him I was here okay?"

She nodded, clearly very confused about what I was doing. I smiled and walked out of the hospital and to the Great Hall. I spotted Harry with his friends.

I made up a lie on the spot "Potter, Professor Snape wants you to see him, I can take you to him" I said, Harry, got up surprisingly agreeing with me