Concealing Secrets and Compliments

Two days flew by very fast. Before I knew it my mom and I were standing outside of our house and preparing to leave.  I held tightly onto my suitcase in one hand and tighter on my mom. I had only done Side-Apparition, and I hated it.

"Ready?" she said, my eyes were squeezed tightly and I nodded. Suddenly I felt as though I was being forced through a very tight rubber tube, luckily it ended quickly. I felt the humid air around me, I opened my eyes and saw the Manor, I saw Narcissa at the door. I smiled brightly and walked up to the door.

"Sorry, we are late, I forgot to pack my wand and-" I started when Narcissa engulfed me in a hug "You are so old!" She said I saw tears in her eyes but she blinked them back. "I can't believe how much you've grown, and Y/M/N (Your Mom's Name) you are looking as beautiful as ever" They embraced

I smiled and she led us inside, her house-elf taking our luggage. I looked around the house, it was dark, but Narcissa made it seem brighter. We sat in her living room and I talked about school

"I'm right behind Draco, he is better at potions than me" I smiled, I saw Lucius come into the room. I saw him stare at me, I knew he recognized me from the ministry. He sat down next to Narcissa and put his hand on her back.

"So, Miss Y/N, do anything interesting this year?" He said I saw an evil glint in his eyes

"Nope, I mean I dated Lee Jordan but other than that nothing, did you Mr, Malfoy?" I said feigning politeness. He sneered at me "No" he said. My mom sensing the tension started talking about the news.

A house-elf ran in and set down sandwiches and tea. I took my tea "Thank you" I said. The elf gasped "The young master said thank you" I nodded

"You thank your elves?" Lucius laughed "Yeah, they work really hard," I said and Lucius scoffed. I heard Draco come down the stairs

"Mother, Father, you didn't tell me the L/N women were coming," He said, I avoided looking at him "Draco, they are going to be here until the ball, it's just a week. We are preparing Y/N for the ball." She said nicely

I looked up to see Draco looking between me and his mom. "Wheres Mr.L/N" I shifted awkwardly "He wanted to be surprised when he came," I said quietly. I saw Draco smiled but stopped. He looked at his father, sighed, and sat down next to me. We both avoided looking at each other, I tapped my foot anxiously. I looked over at him to see him looking at me. We both quickly turned our heads, I felt a slight blush on my face.

-----------------------------

"Draco, can you bring Y/N to her room? The adults are going to talk" Narcissa said. I looked over at Draco who got up, he held his hand out. I reluctantly took it, feeling his cold hand against my warm ones. He led me up the stairs, I looked down, I couldn't look at him, it hurt too much. He led me into my room, I walked into the room. It was amazing

In the middle of the room, there was a beautiful queen bed, it was blue...I wonder if he chose that because I love blue. In the corner of the room, next to a door, a desk with ink and a quill prepared already. The room was huge, I looked around and saw my luggage in the corner.  While I was looking around deep in my own mind, I didn't hear the door close.

"Draco this is..." I turned around to see him gone. I sighed sadly and walked over to my luggage and started putting everything up. I hung up my shirts and folded my pants. I decided to start working on my homework. I finished most of everything except for potions, I couldn't finish my essay.

---------------------------

I was reading one of our textbooks when I heard a knock at the door. "Are you decent?" Draco's voice said. I laughed a little to myself "Yeah" I said back and he came in. "What do you want," I said coldly, still a little hurt from earlier. "Supper is going to be in about ten, father wants you to wear a dress"

My heart started to beat quicker, I rarely wore dresses, they made me really self-conscious. I nodded "y-yeah okay," I said. I got up and went to the closet, pick out a green dress, it wasn't tight-fitting but it was mature. There was a slight v-neck, but it covered almost everything. I put on flats and styled my hair.

I walked downstairs, everyone looked nice, Draco was wearing a nice black suit, his family was all wearing black.

Narcissa smiled at me "You look beautiful Y/N" she smiled. We walked to the dining room, Draco was sitting down and Lucius pulled out a chair for Narcissa. I saw Narcissa kick Draco under the table, he groaned in pain and got up.

"It's really fine" I started but Draco leaned and whispered in my ear "Just sit." He said in a dark voice. Surprisingly, no one noticed and I sat down. He sat down next to me, I took small bites of my food. The parents were talking when Draco leaned over "I hate to admit it, but you look good tonight". I felt a blush rise and I choked lightly on my water. Narcissa noticed and asked me if I was okay. I nodded and looked at Draco. Soon the conversation resumed and I leaned over "You look good too" I said "but I still hate you"

"That blush says different," He said and smirked. I rolled my eyes 'So Lucius, do you know how to braid?" I said and saw Draco's eyes widen. Lucius glared at me "No, why?' He questioned "Oh, just wondering" I smiled, I looked at Draco who fists were clenched.

"Y/N, what did you think about the DADA classes the year?" He smirked, I glared at him but then put on a cheery face "I think they were really good, learning theory will really help us when someone attacks us." I smiled

------------------------

After dinner, I hugged Narcissa and headed upstairs. I went to close the door when a hand stopped it. I was suddenly against the wall, Draco shut the door with his foot. "What the fuck do you think you're playing at?" He spat

I smiled "Nothing Draco, I was just asking an innocent question". His cold hand gripped my throat "You do not disrespect me in my house"

I glared at him "You don't own the house" I said and his grip tightened, I gasped. He stared down at me and smirked "Funny how you end up like this often from me"

I glared and tried to move his hand "It's not my fault you are so easy to anger" I smiled "stop fucking smiling, you come to my house after being an ass to me on the train"

"I was the ass? Which one of us lied? Which one of us dragged someone into a bathroom?" I glared. His rings dug into my neck and leaned down to whisper in my ear "don't do it again, or there will be repercussions". I shivered and nodded. He smirked  "good girl". He released my neck, opened the door, and walked out.

Word Count: 1257