The Revival of Friendships

I braced myself for the worst but it was just Neville

"Merlin Neville you scared the living daylights out of me." I laughed

He frowned sadly "oh.. I'm sorry. I came off way meaner than I meant to" he looked at the floor

I looked at him and hugged him tightly "It's okay. I'm just paranoid" He hugged me back, "you give good hugs you know that right nevi?"

He blushed, "Nevie?" he smiled as I turned red "I like it. I have never been given a nickname."

I looked at him before remembering, "Oh I have a present for" I started until I was slammed into by Goyle. I fell as he grunted in laughter. "Watch where you're going Goyle!" I yelled after him as he looked at Draco who shook his head. Goyle ignored me and kept walked. Neville helped me up and dusted me off  

"What jerks!" He yelled, his fist clenching "They can't do that to you. Just because of you're personality, which for one, is amazing" he ranted before he stopped.

"Thank you" I held his hand tightly "I have a present for you" I dragged his hand to the Ravenclaw common room and entered it.

"Wow it's beautiful in here," he said looking around. I smiled and ran to a cupboard and grabbed a book called. "One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi". I looked at him holding it out

"You might not like it, but Harry told me you like herbology but-"

"I love it!" He said excitedly and hugged me "I have your gift,  I'm going to go finish making it. Thank you, bye! " He hugged me and ran out.

I smiled and walked out behind him. He ran, tripping, but got up and zoomed to the Gryffindor. I laughed and walked down the hall, playing with my snitch bracelet. I didn't play quidditch but I loved it. I headed to the great hall to study, when I got in, I saw Malfoy. He usually went to Christmas at the Manor. 

I walked in and grabbed my potions book out of my bag. I murmured the words when someone sat next to me. I was too involved to notice though when my book slammed shut. "what the- Blaise. what are you doing here"

"I'm offended, you act like you haven't known me since we were little. Right Mango?" I smiled, our relationship was completely platonic, he was into another girl and we aren't each other type but every time he said that it made me go back to the happiness I had as a child. 

"It's not like you literally barely talk to me, blay." I rolled my eyes and opened my book again "Anyways, what do you want" I said

"Wow. Cold. Anyways can you do me a teeny weeny favor" he begged, doing puppy dog eyes

"Ugh, not the eyes. Okay fine what do you want" I groaned and turned to face him

"Can you...domypotionsessayforme?" he begged "I'll owe you one"

"You already owe me a hundred" his smile faltered "but, I'll do it"

"ughh you are the best, I promise whatever you need I'll get for you"

"It's whatever. Seriously I love doing homework, speaking of homework, snape was a complete arse earlier" He shook his head and I started to tell him all about what happened

/////////

"You're kidding right! I never thought that jellybean would do that" Blaise laughed. Jellybean was my Cat.

I laughed "Yeah, water, all over my bed and floor. Mum almost killed me"

I looked over to see glaring gray eyes but I ignored them and kept talking to Blaise.