Rose Garden Filled With Thorns

Relationships aren't easy, but they are even harder when the person you are dating is a child in a man's body.

I took the tie off the minute Neville pointed it out, I may not have the best reputation but wearing a Slytherin tie as a Ravenclaw definitely wouldn't improve it.

"So, what were you doing in Draco's room," Neville said, raising his eyebrows suggestively, I rolled my eyes

"It's not what you think, I had to stay in his room overnight to not be caught. I woke up in a hurry and must have grabbed his tie by mistake..." I said...thinking for a minute "which means the fucker saw me wearing it before I left" I added

Neville choked on his cereal, laughing as I glared at him "What? It's a little funny, I mean you wore his tie all the way here without noticing."

I huffed and took another bite of my food "I'm going to kill him"

Neville coughed, speaking under his breath "If you kill him who's going to help your fashion?"

------------

I went through the day without a tie, Draco and I usually didn't talk during school, it would be suspicious. It never gets easier, not being able to love him in public or see him at all for that matter.

Potions class was the only class that I got to see him, but when I got there, his seat was empty. I sat next to Cho, looking through my bag trying to push back the worried thoughts in my mind.

The class went on for ten minutes before he showed up, but this time he showed up with Blaise. I was confused, to say the least, because the night before Blaise had just destroyed his confidence and now, they seemed like mates.

Draco made looked over at me but I just wrote down notes, I couldn't figure out his angle in all of this. If Blaise being friends with Draco again made him think there was a chance I forgave him for the shit he pulled the night before he was dead wrong.

I heard a note fall on my desk but I ignored it and kept writing, I wasn't meaning to ignore him but I just didn't want to talk to him. It wasn't that he and Blaise were friends again that bothered me, it was how quickly they were friends again...it was like he was hiding stuff from me again.

---------------

Draco had thrown a couple more notes as the class continued, I couldn't pluck up the courage to open them though. I could feel us reverting into the past relationship dynamic we were in but I couldn't stop myself.

I've never been good at sharing my feelings, and I was afraid of what he would say when I did.

I feel some relief when class ended but it was short-lived when Draco told me to meet him in the third-floor bathroom. I looked up at him and all he did in return was raise his eyebrow, almost as if he was challenging me to go.

I waited for a little before following him, I really didn't want us to fall back into our past ways and if we had to talk about it we would. I think he knew that this was a bigger deal too because when I got to the bathroom he looked distressed.

"What's going on Draco?" I said quietly, leaning against the opposing wall to him.

"I don't know Y/N, what is going on? You were fine this morning and now you're mad at me" He said, pushing his hair back in frustration "Is it because of the tie thing?

"No of course not, do you want it back" I dug through my bag and went to hand it to him but he just shook his head, I put it back, sighing "You and Blaise are mates now I see"

"Is that what it's about? He isn't mad at either of us, I took care of it." Draco responded, getting more mad than frustrated at this point

"What do you mean took care of it also I don't know why you're saying 'us' because I sure as hell hasn't talked to him." I could tell I had struck a nerve because Draco had a look of pride and anger on his face