The Katie Bell Tragedy

A/N: 3k reads! I'm shaking I'm so happy! You guys have made this whole experience so enjoyable. I remember freaking out with my first ever comment, and I react the same way now. You guys are genuinely really funny! Okay, I love you all and I appreciate you guys so much! Thank you so much, I cannot explain how grateful I am! Thank you again!!!!

I'd known Katie Bell, I didn't know her well, she was on the Gryffindor team and played well. She wasn't like Harry or Cho, she was not as popular as them. Though by October 12th, everyone knew her name.

October 12th

"Y/N! Come on! Let's go, I want to get to three broomsticks before all the seats are taken" Neville said, I rolled my eyes as I pulled my sweater on.

"I'm coming, calm your dick!" I exclaimed as we walked down the path, the same path where I gave Neville my ring only a week before. "Calm your dick? Y/N I like you but not like that" Neville responded.

We stared at each other before bursting out in laughter "Neville! You're supposed to be the innocent one" I said looking at him, smiling at the brown-haired boy beside me. He groaned rolling his eyes.

"I told you to stop saying that about me, besides you seem more innocent considering that you haven't had-"

"Neville Longbottom!" I exclaimed, silencing him by interruption, he had spoken a little too loudly.

We had walked into three broomsticks where everyone looked at us due to the boy next to me clearly stating I have had no action

I quickly took a seat, glaring at Neville before turning bright red and putting my head down. "Neville Longbottom if my embarrassment doesn't kill me, I'll kill you." He laughed and ordered butterbeer for us.

"I'm Neville and I embarrass my friend just because I got taller," I mocked him, my voice muffled by the table. I felt a pain in my arm as he had just playfully hit me. I apologized and put my head back up, rubbing my arm. I heard the sound of the bathroom door opening and closing, I ignored it and talked to Neville about herbology.

"So...my favorite Gryffindor, about the whomping willow exam," I said quietly as he quickly took a drink of his butterbeer. I smiled at him, looking at his hands as he set the butterbeer down, his hands gripped the cup tightly when the test was mentioned.

"Did you fail? Come on Y/N we studied for hours, I thought-" I stopped him by laughing lightly "Oh come on! I got an 'O'!" I said hugging him tightly

He smiled "You passed! Y/N I am so proud of you!" he hugged back. The happiness quickly ended as we heard a scream from outside. He and I quickly got up and went outside the door, there we saw Katie Bell, she was levitating in the air and next to her was a necklace. I didn't know this at the time but even the littlest amount of skin touching that necklace would've killed her. That day we could've lost a student, someone could have died.

I stared up at her, I didn't know her well but seeing her, just...screaming. It reminded me of when harry lost Sirius. As I was thinking to myself "Who could be that evil?" I could have sworn I heard a cold voice say "I'm so sorry", but that could've been the wind

Although somehow I knew that whoever did this, it wouldn't be the last time.

////////////

It had been a few days since the 'incident' and everyone moved on quickly, besides her friends of course.

I don't know how they could move on so quickly, however, I noticed from just an outsider's view that Harry was different. After the incident, he seemed wary of Draco, more than often. Almost as if for whatever reason he believed Draco did it...Draco was amazing... never mind. I just know it couldn't be him. I don't know why I know but I do.