When To Choose Something Good For You

It had been 10 days, 12 hours, and 43 minutes since my fight with Draco. I avoided him, I didn't want to even fight with him. I noticed he had looked sad, sometimes I would feel his eyes on me. It didn't bother me, I think. I mean he had lied to me, he promised that his father had changed and clearly he was proud of what his father did.

The other day I heard him bragging about the World Cup. I didn't go, mom's not a big fan of quidditch. I am, but I didn't want to cause trouble, anyways my team didn't even make it to the World Cup.

So...10 long days since I felt his arms around me. Even longer since I felt his cold hands playing with my hair. I don't miss him, I gave him so many chances and he ruined every single one. I tried so hard to defend him.

////////////////

"Malfoy, he's such a git," Harry said as I took a small sip from my goblet

I kept quiet, I mean he was my friend and I couldn't tell anyone about Draco and Me.

"No wonder his father never talks to him," Ron said, around us, a few people laughed.

"Guys, don't you think you are being a little cruel? We don't know why he does the things he does" I said, I knew immediately I had said the wrong thing

"Why are you defending him? You know wh-"

"Ron I know okay? I was just saying-"

"You were just defending Malfoy" Ron glared at me

"No I wasn't, I was just saying-"

"Saying that we are being mean to poor malfoy"

"Bloody hell. Yeah okay, I'm leaving" I said and stormed out of the Great Hall. Feeling their eyes on me.

I ran into the third-floor bathroom. I slammed myself into a stall. I was finding it hard to breathe, I didn't mean to defend him but they didn't know him as I do.

Someone walked in "Y/N?" the voice said. "Go away Ron, I don't need to be yelled out anymore," I said opening the stall

"You know just because Malfoy's mean to you sometimes doesn't mean I can't defe-" I stopped seeing Draco at the bathroom door  

His fists were clenched and I saw him walk towards me. I quickly wiped my eyes and tried to keep my head up.

"They did this to you?" He said angrily and walked closer to me. "Draco, really it's fine. They just didn't like me de-"

"You were defending me?" He said cutting me off. I nodded and he smiled "What did you do that for? No one ever defends me," he said quietly

"Well...they were being mean and I care for you. I'm not just going to let them talk bad about you, they don't know you as I do." I said as I was suddenly pulled into a hug.

"Thank you.." He said I melted into his hug. "Draco..can you make me a promise?"

He nodded and I took a deep breath "I need you, to be honest about everything or I'm gone." I said

His hug loosened for a second "Okay...but...nevermind" he said and backed away

"No, tell me," I said and grabbed his cold hand "You'll find out eventually." He said and caressed my cheek before walking out.

///////////////

I sat on my bed thinking about that day. I think about that day a lot. I shook my head and got up, he didn't affect my life anymore. I wouldn't let him.

"Y/N/N?" Luna said as I smiled up at her. She sat next to me and put something on the palm of my hand "Here, for over the summer" She smiled brightly. I opened my hand and saw a locket.