Draco's Hatred

It was really late, everyone was fast asleep, besides me. It's not like I didn't try to sleep, but I couldn't shake the feeling of the hatred that Malfoy had shown to me. It wasn't like the usual rivalry, no this was a deep hatred.

I wasn't upset just shaken up. Not everyone likes me but no one has ever hated me. It wasn't the first time I had seen this hatred and I guess it was bound to resurface. I denied that we ever had more than just a rivalry but since the hatred resurfaced I hadn't stopped thinking about my first year.

/////

At the beginning of the first year, everyone was excited but nervous. I was especially nervous as I knew what my family expected from me, they wanted me to be a Slytherin like how everyone else in our family had been.

I was thinking about what would happen if I didn't get into Slytherin as I was standing next to a bunch of other eleven-year-olds, I fidgeted with my fingers, It was something I had always done when I was nervous, however nervous didn't even begin to explain what I was feeling.

"Y/N L/N" I was snapped out of my thoughts due to the booming voice of Professor McGonagall, I looked around before taking a deep breath and walking up to the stool.

In my head, I was asking, rather begging, for Slytherin but the hat had other ideas...

"RAVENCLAW!" It shouted

I froze, Professor McGonagall took the hat off and I headed for the Ravenclaw table, so shocked I didn't pay attention to the rest of the names being called. Ten minutes later, after all the names were called and the food showed up, I looked around. I knew he would be there but I never expected the look I got from him.

'Him' of course was Draco Malfoy and he was staring at me, fury and hate in his eyes. Everyone knew who he was, especially those who are pureblood like me. At that moment I knew that the next seven years would be hell, to say the least.

////

I didn't realize how late it had gotten...and when I did I tried to sleep. That didn't end up working the way I wanted it to because immediately after I fell asleep I was launched into a nightmare.

I was back in my third year, Lupin was in front of the classroom and it was my turn. I could feel all the eyes on me, I took a deep breath before he opened the cabinet. I held out my wand expecting it to be a spider or some other normal fear, but before I could say anything, I saw my boggart.

"M-mom?" I stuttered staring at the woman before me, it was definitely my mom but instead of the woman I knew...she was acting like a woman version of my father. My father and I hadn't had a good relationship for a couple of years at that point.

"Y/N, your father was right, you've failed us as a daughter," She said, it felt like someone punched me in the stomach, pain searing through my body as my knees made contact with the hard ground

"Y/N," She said as I stared at the ground, scared to look at her.

"Y/N!" She said louder as I quietly whispered "Leave me alone"

"Y/N! Wake up!"

I quickly awoke and saw Luna standing beside my bed with a worried expression."Good morning" I yawned and sat up, still upset at the dream.

"Good morning Y/N. Do you want to tell me how late you were up last night? "

I yawned again and put on my glasses, the figure in front of me become much clearer. I smiled awkwardly and mumbled. "2 Am". I knew I had messed up, she didn't like it when I stayed up late.